UKIP win Rawmarsh council by election - Wright loses

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/1000/elections-results/2512/2013_rawmarsh_by-election_results

So despite Shaun Wright trying to help his missus retain the council seat he vacated to take his police gravy train role UKIP have taken the borough council by election in Rawmarsh.

Small result maybe in the grand scheme of things but a bit of a slap to Labour

I heard Mr. Vines being interviewed on the radio this morning and was pleased to hear that he intends to pursue the child abuse allegations in Rotherham which were headline news before Christmas.

Also the reason foster children were taken from a UKIP supporters couple.

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/1000/elections-results/2512/2013_rawmarsh_by-election_results

So despite Shaun Wright trying to help his missus retain the council seat he vacated to take his police gravy train role UKIP have taken the borough council by election in Rawmarsh.

Well done Caven Vines of UKIP.

That's a terrific result for UKIP. Does anyone know the number of seats that were held previously by all parties?

The people of Rawmarsh always did lack progressive attitudes towards anything not local :roll:

The people of Rawmarsh always did lack progressive attitudes towards anything not local :roll:
I think you'll find the "people of Rawmarsh" to be no different from the "people of most anywhere else in the land" and, in view of their majority voting choice away from sempiternal Labour, eminently capable of 'progression' (regardless of its meritorious or unmeritorious character) indeed :rolleyes:

Disclaimer/come-clean point/source of 'authority': I lived in the heart of Rawmarsh for 4 years, 2000-2004, so would have a fair idea/impression/experience of "the people of Rawmarsh". Salt of the earth, died-in-the-wool yorkshire for the most part, and one of the best local communities I have ever had the pleasure to live in.

Edited by L00b

It's a local election. What's wrong with local? :huh:

Well done Caven Vines of UKIP.

Sounds like a cave based wine producer!

So for the people that voted who would you have recommended? the wife of the former incumbent?

Rawmarsh is like any other area in every other town and city in the country . Times are changing ,people have had enough of both Labour and Tory Governments refusing to give us In /Out Referendum on Europe . I expect UKIP to win many more council seats all over the country in the next few years,and expect to see UKIP MP`s at the next general election.

Well done to UKIP on this result.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 17:17 ----------

On a positive note for Mrs Wright , i fully expect Shaun Wright to find her a very well paid job as his personal assistant , paid for by us Tax Payers of course.

Edited by Penistone999