Grooming gang found guilty of sexually exploiting girls

I cant comment properly on this discussion for reasons I will have to keep to myself. All I will say is I live in Bradford now . But I know for a fact that the police have a hard time with the Muslims here & I am sure the Police are put in a position at times where they find it difficult to do their job. But the majority of Muslims I have come across & believe me it is a great many ,have no respect for women & I have been told by some of them that they marry the woman their parents arrange , but they want white women to use & abuse. So there are a great many that turn to these awful trafficking rings & it sickens me

This cancer that blights our society has been going on for more than 10 years. Anne Clwyd highlighted it years ago, but the Police & Social Services have almost turned a blind eye. The victims were not listened to. I've just listened to a mum saying that she was desperate for help and contacted various departments but was ignored. The Police & Social Services must be held accountable for this, unfortunately i suspect an enquiry will be held like it so often is and nothing will be done.

I cant comment properly on this discussion for reasons I will have to keep to myself. All I will say is I live in Bradford now . But I know for a fact that the police have a hard time with the Muslims here & I am sure the Police are put in a position at times where they find it difficult to do their job. But the majority of Muslims I have come across & believe me it is a great many ,have no respect for women & I have been told by some of them that they marry the woman their parents arrange , but they want white women to use & abuse. So there are a great many that turn to these awful trafficking rings & it sickens me

How do you mean that the Police have a hard time with Muslims here? Here as in Bradford, I assume? It's all too easy to fall into the trap that Muslim men have a total disregard of women, however, patriarchy and misogyny are not the sole preserve of Muslims. This is part of a wider culture where girls are used, abused and trafficked. Several Asian grooming gangs have come to light of late but this is happening all around in all cultures and predominantly in the white culture.

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 22:26 ----------

This cancer that blights our society has been going on for more than 10 years. Anne Clwyd highlighted it years ago, but the Police & Social Services have almost turned a blind eye. The victims were not listened to. I've just listened to a mum saying that she was desperate for help and contacted various departments but was ignored. The Police & Social Services must be held accountable for this, unfortunately i suspect an enquiry will be held like it so often is and nothing will be done.

This cancer that blights our society has been going on for decades!

I agree Suffragette ,but I know for a fact that is true at the present ,but in the job I do I come into contact with a great deal of young Muslims & they actually tell me they have no respect for some white girls. They use them & are not bothered what happens.

How do you mean that the Police have a hard time with Muslims here? Here as in Bradford, I assume? It's all too easy to fall into the trap that Muslim men have a total disregard of women, however, patriarchy and misogyny are not the sole preserve of Muslims. This is part of a wider culture where girls are used, abused and trafficked. Several Asian grooming gangs have come to light of late but this is happening all around in all cultures and predominantly in the white culture.

Given your signature you're coming across as every inch the apologist if the perp is muslim.

This cancer that blights our society has been going on for decades!

Only decades? Women have been seen as the property of men since God condoned rape and slavery in his best-seller. We need to educate male children as to what is acceptable in this society. Unfortunately God doesn't like women that much and in some beliefs and cultures it really shows.

People tend to plead 'not guilty' in the hope that witnesses won't show or the CPS ********-up something. Many change their plea when this doesn't happen but some stick it out against all the odds.

They also do so in the hope that the defence will tear the witness(es) to shreds, make them look unreliable, fantasists, consenting, mad, liars, promiscuous etc.

No different to other criminal trials then. People will try to get away with it, whatever the crime.

And yes I do mean the Bradford Police . They have told me themselves when I have come across them where I work that their job is hard because they can be blocked a great deal for sorting out problems with some Muslims. I know there are a great many white gangs , but there are also more & more Muslim gangs now & it is not on whatever the race

Given your signature you're coming across as every inch the apologist if the perp is muslim.

Absolutely no way. I am trying to highlight that this is part of a much wider problem in society, which some on here would not believe.

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 22:39 ----------

Only decades? Women have been seen as the property of men since God condoned rape and slavery in his best-seller. We need to educate male children as to what is acceptable in this society. Unfortunately God doesn't like women that much and in some beliefs and cultures it really shows.

Aye, but the exploitation of vulnerable children and those in care homes has been going on for decades, in a very organised and systematic way.