Grooming gang found guilty of sexually exploiting girls

its standard NOT to prosecute the men who use the abused women and only prosecute the groomers/traffikers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1499644/Sex-slaves-freed-as-police-smash-human-trafficking-operation.html

its wrong, they should be all charged with rape.....and I'm sure there is a case where it was a 'customer' who informed the police of a trfficked girl.

Edited by Parvo

They pleaded not guilty.

That doesn't mean that they didn't think that they didn't do anything wrong. Most sex offenders plead not guilty, as did Stuarts Hall and Hazell. As did Savile when he was questioned, well he denied it. As did Ched Evans. As did Ian Huntley. Countless others too plead not guilty.

its standard NOT to prosecute the men who use the abused women and only prosecute the groomers/traffikers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1499644/Sex-slaves-freed-as-police-smash-human-trafficking-operation.html

its wrong they should be all charged with rape.....and I'm sure there is a case where it was a 'customer' who informed the police of a trafficked girl.

I thought that it was now illegal and prosecutable to have sex with trafficked girls and women? I agree, they should all be charged and prosecuted. A powerful message needs to be sent that there is zero tolerance of these heinous crimes.

That doesn't mean that they didn't think that they didn't do anything wrong. Most sex offenders plead not guilty, as did Stuarts Hall and Hazell. As did Savile when he was questioned, well he denied it. As did Ched Evans. As did Ian Huntley. Countless others too plead not guilty.

People tend to plead 'not guilty' in the hope that witnesses won't show or the CPS ********-up something. Many change their plea when this doesn't happen but some stick it out against all the odds.

People tend to plead 'not guilty' in the hope that witnesses won't show or the CPS ********-up something. Many change their plea when this doesn't happen but some stick it out against all the odds.

They also do so in the hope that the defence will tear the witness(es) to shreds, make them look unreliable, fantasists, consenting, mad, liars, promiscuous etc.

I thought that it was now illegal and prosecutable to have sex with trafficked girls and women? I agree, they should all be charged and prosecuted. A powerful message needs to be sent that there is zero tolerance of these heinous crimes.

I sent a Freedom of Information request to the Forced Marriage Unit after their 'successes' were published on the BBC website. No prosecutions and a cost of about a thousand pounds per call answered. What a waste of money. How do they get to 'spin' it like this on our National media?

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 22:18 ----------

They also do so in the hope that the defence will tear the witness(es) to shreds, make them look unreliable, fantasists, consenting, mad, liars, promiscuous etc.

They do. Each defendant has a barrister. The CPS has one barrister. It's disgusting the way victims are treated.

I sent a Freedom of Information request to the Forced Marriage Unit after their 'successes' were published on the BBC website. No prosecutions and a cost of about a thousand pounds per call answered. What a waste of money. How do they get to 'spin' it like this on our National media?

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 22:18 ----------

They do. Each defendant has a barrister. The CPS has one barrister. It's disgusting the way victims are treated.

I agree it is and in the case of Frances Andrade, it drove her to suicide.