Partying in the streets due to Maggie Thatcher

If they want to protest why dont they protest when energy prices keep going up or when criminals get suspended sentences for mugging old ladies?

Or even better, protest when she was alive.

As i said, she hasnt been in power for over 20 years what are they hoping to achieve.

I thought us brits were better than that.

I am not sure why that matters? Surely it is a good thing that the young are showing an interest in politics?

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 08:55 ----------

That made me laugh.

Having grown up through the miners strike I know what effect it had on communities but a lot of the blame lies with Scargill!! she wasn't my favourite person in the world but do I think its idiotic to celebrate the death of an 87 year old dementia sufferer? Yes
did scargill sell off our assets/close down manufacturing/put policies in place that today are crippling its people?

If they want to protest why dont they protest when energy prices keep going up or when criminals get suspended sentences for mugging old ladies?

As i said, she hasnt been in power for over 20 years what are they hoping to achieve.

The protest against her had to be linked to "something" ........

As you say they were not alive during her reign and therefore she hadn't made a policy for them to protest against .

They are. In protesting against Thatcher they are protesting against rising energy prices. If we had coal, we wouldn't be so much at the mercy of these companies. She also privatised the energy companies, which, like every corporation since Thatcher it seems, have become greedier and greedier.

Having grown up through the miners strike I know what effect it had on communities but a lot of the blame lies with Scargill!! she wasn't my favourite person in the world but do I think its idiotic to celebrate the death of an 87 year old dementia sufferer? Yes

I too remember this, the unions held the country to ransom. Scargill & Thatcher played a tit for tat game with each other & unfortunately the people suffered because of this. Scargill too has a lot to answer for, people are conveniently forgetting this, at the time we were crying out for change, we'd had enough, the closed shop meant that the unions had total control & again it's the people who suffered.

what about the criminals she inspired still in office today (MPS) mugging the oaps of their pensions? or the bankers fleecing its customers out of millions and not even being arrested? her policies inspired this maybe they should have died with her

BUT SHE'S DEAD!

People protest to change something or make a difference. Whats gonna change?

The protest against her had to be linked to "something" ........

As you say they were not alive during her reign and therefore she hadn't made a policy for them to protest against .