Partying in the streets due to Maggie Thatcher

I didn't like Margaret Thatcher or some of the things she was responsible for - but I think it is disgusting how some have celebrated her death. What must her family feel like?

Celebrating a persons death in this way is for mindless morons but to be expected in these areas where intellect is at a premium!:loopy:

Totally agree with this.

Why when she said she wanted no state funeral or fuss is this going on.Who decided to over ride her last wishes?

She did want the funeral she is getting - she had planned most of it.

(which isn't a state one but a ceremonial one.... although the nuances of difference , apart from laying in state for people to file past, escape me).

I didn't like Margaret Thatcher or some of the things she was responsible for - but I think it is disgusting how some have celebrated her death. What must her family feel like?

What goes around comes around

I only hope that your funerals are celebrated in this manner, but most of you lot will have done nothing to be remembered or celebrated for,typical mining mentality.

We all get a £10m 'do' in central London ?.Thats going to get expensive.

Most of the people who danced in the street weren't even alive when she was in power. Alot of them just looked like their parents did quite well in the Thatcher years as they seem to be Oxford students and middle class crusties.

There were some genuine negative reactions from people, especially in the north but they were statements saying that they didnt really like her that much and she had destroyed industrial communities like mining, building.

But she's dead, protesting on the day of her funeral is not going to change one single thing and is disrespectful.

Its just pointless and makes them look like morons.

Most of the people who danced in the street weren't even alive when she was in power. Alot of them just looked like their parents did quite well in the Thatcher years as they seem to be Oxford students and middle class crusties.

There were some genuine negative reactions from people, especially in the north but they were statements saying that they didnt really like her that much and she had destroyed industrial communities like mining, building.

But she's dead, protesting on the day of her funeral is not going to change one single thing and is disrespectful.

Its just pointless and makes them look like morons.

I am not sure why that matters? Surely it is a good thing that the young are showing an interest in politics?

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 08:55 ----------

We all get a £10m 'do' in central London ?.Thats going to get expensive.

That made me laugh.

Having grown up through the miners strike I know what effect it had on communities but a lot of the blame lies with Scargill!! she wasn't my favourite person in the world but do I think its idiotic to celebrate the death of an 87 year old dementia sufferer? Yes

Having grown up through the miners strike I know what effect it had on communities but a lot of the blame lies with Scargill!! she wasn't my favourite person in the world but do I think its idiotic to celebrate the death of an 87 year old dementia sufferer? Yes

It is idiotic to celebrate it. It is equally as distressing to many that the public are paying for it.