Bus fare went UPPPPP!

I know it has been quite awhile since the bus fare went up. I am a fresher in Uni n it's just a pain for me to squeeze 20p more for each ride, however, the student accommodation is just so far away from the campus. Just want to ask how people feel about the change.

Where do you live? Where do you study?

As a Uni Student, if you have your NUS card, you can get discounted Fares, some times even the same as a child fare...

I blame Thatcher.

I blame Thatcher.

Deregulation certainly played a part in the increase in fares.

To my mind, the lack of any planning was the big problem though. I'd gladly pay money for public transport if it got me where I needed to go, in relative comfort.

Whilst you have bus companies scrapping over fares, that isn't likely to happen.

As a Uni Student, if you have your NUS card, you can get discounted Fares, some times even the same as a child fare...

I dont think they hv such offer. We uni students hv to all pay 80p (sad face)

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 14:14 ----------

To my mind, the lack of any planning was the big problem though. I'd gladly pay money for public transport if it got me where I needed to go, in relative comfort.

Whilst you have bus companies scrapping over fares, that isn't likely to happen.

I dont really know about the public administration and stuff but it's just a bit ridiculous when my senior told me it was just 50p last year and now it goes up to 80p

I dont think they hv such offer. We uni students hv to all pay 80p (sad face)

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 14:14 ----------

I dont really know about the public administration and stuff but it's just a bit ridiculous when my senior told me it was just 50p last year and now it goes up to 80p

Hope you're not studying maths at uni.

From 50p to 80p is 30p extra, whereas you said it's a squeeze to fork out 20p more !!!!!! :huh:

Hope you're not studying maths at uni.

From 50p to 80p is 30p extra, whereas you said it's a squeeze to fork out 20p more !!!!!! :huh:

Nah I m not doing maths. It's just I am a fresher and it was 60p since I m here but 10p less before I came. I think I do figure out the maths and sorry for the bit of confusion.

Not really as although fares went up, subsidy through your council tax was reduced much significantly. They have to recoup the operating costs somehow!

You only have to pay 80p, quit complaining, stop chugging the beer and get studying.

I was at Sheffield for my undergraduate degree. Endcliffe was the furthest halls of residence, and it was only a 15 - 20 minute walk. Where do you live that means you NEED to get the bus?