I pay for a Weekly bin collection !

nonsense is your post people dont realise the cost of each waste collection has doubled as they only come once fortnight and the price we pay for recyling has not gone down .

You should get onto the council. The binmen come every week round here.

Unless you haven't noticed the council arnt emptying them and I am sick of having rubbish piled on my front

We just have 2 black bins. They empty them every 2 weeks, so we get the same service as you but don't pay £11/month.

I know there legal they shown me letters from authorities and I don't pay till it's been emptied I would like to recycle more myself but just don't have the time :)

You must be really busy if you dont even have time to put something in a different bin :loopy:

We struggle with the fortnightly black bin collection - we recycle all cans and bottles in the blue bin (and even after crushing the cans up, the bin is pretty full after a fortnight), and the little blue box is usually full to overflowing each fortnight (the flimsy covers provided are a waste of time too, a little gust of wind and they're off!). We often have four or five extra visitors here, helping to create a lot of extra (and often unrecyclable) waste.

In previous years, if we've needed to get rid of stuff that's recyclable i'd use the Woodhouse site, but it's so much busier now - the change to fortnightly black bin collection would've been easier had they not also slashed the opening times of the recycling centres too. And I don't think Asda would be too happy for their recycling bins to be filled with other stuff...

The annoying thing is that even while we are trying and making an effort to recycle, at the last blue bin collection, Veolia refused to take our 80 year old next door neighbour's blue bin (full of newspapers) - because someone else (presumably from the nearby sports club) had put a couple of empty Carlsberg cans in the top of the bin... so she was left with this full bin for another fortnight... I presume most of that would've then ended up in the black bin instead. :(

It is frustrating, when these are all going in the same recycling lorry anyway, and these jobsworths could easily have just put the cans in our blue bin a few feet away (our neighbour doesn't have any cans etc for recycling, just the paper).

If your happy to work as an unpaid rubbish sorter for Veolia ,so they can make loads of profit from selling your waste then go for it. Ive no problem with Veolia selling my rubbish and making a profit from it, but there`s no way im doing their dirty work for them and seperating the rubbish so they dont have to pay someone to do it.

I didn't realise that Veolia collected your rubbish from Penistone I

thought it was Barnsley Council area. when did it change?

All areas are the same , they all hand out re-cycling bins, even up here.

You didn't answer my question do Veolia collect in Penistone as you

intimated in your previous post or are you refusing to be an "unpaid sorter" for Barnsley council?

Edited by bazjea

You didn't answer my question do Veolia collect in Penistone as you

intimated in your previous post or are you refusing to be an "unpaid sorter" for Barnsley council?

I think he's already explained that he takes his Barnsley refuse to Stocksbridge.