People using mobiles while paying for their shopping

It's not though, is it??? How are you classing talking on a mobile phone as rude and ill mannered?? You're in a supermarket for crying out loud! It's not like you're on a train, or in a library, or somewhere that's supposed to be quiet!

I'll tell you what's rude and annoying in the supermarket. People who stop in the middle of the isle to have a 'chat' with someone!

Oh, and people that get all upperty when you talk on your phone!

I still think if someone is providing a service to you (whether it be a waiter, a teacher, a bank teller or a shop assistant) then you ought to have the graciousness to allow them your full attention. Just good manners.

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 14:07 ----------

I don't see how it is rude if you are still able to interact with the cashier and pack your shopping quickly.

Do you know what I find rude/inconsiderate in the supermarket? Cashiers stopping to chat with a colleague whilst you stand there twiddling your thumbs, people who pack their shopping sloooowly with evidently no care for anyone else in the queue, cashiers who place coins on top of notes in your hand (when I used to work on tills I would always place coins first) causing you to do that funny balancing act to tip the coins into your purse.

Answering a call has no negative effect on anyone else as long as you are still considerate and aware of the people around you.

We clearly differ as to what constitutes good manners.

Do agree though that shop assistants need to display more at times too.

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 14:08 ----------

Some people really need to get a life :hihi:

Or just some manners ;)

I can't even hold a conversation with the person next to me and pay for my shopping at the same time.

I was doing it in Tesco the other day and didn't notice the self checkout going ballistic until the assistant pointed out I'd put four bottles of wine in my bag without scanning them :blush:

I admire anyone who can have a mobile phone conversation whilst at the checkout (even though it's extremely rude). I can barely cope with the change on top of the notes situation - I agree Shaz112! -the "have you got a ....card", "here's a voucher for £2 off", putting the said change back in my purse and my shopping (aaaagh! my newspaper) being stuffed in my carrier bag.....I get all stressed - who's got time to chat on their mobile?

Edited by Duckegg
typo!

People and their phones????????????? well lets say conversations on a phone are killing the art of real conversation and interation with othes. I prefer to conduct my affairs face to face not mouth to ear through a over priced I phone FIVE.

Well here is a thing , What if you were " gabbing " on your phone ,all those that think there is nothing wrong with it ,then because you were on the phone you don't realise you had been giving the wrong change .But ,by the time you have realised it is too late to get it sorted because you were not flaming concentrating at the time.

Well here is a thing , What if you were " gabbing " on your phone ,all those that think there is nothing wrong with it ,then because you were on the phone you don't realise you had been giving the wrong change .But ,by the time you have realised it is too late to get it sorted because you were not flaming concentrating at the time.

Or while on the phone you hit a young child with your car???????????????????//

That's NEVER happened. Point is that it isn't that hard to multitask. Next Question?

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 23:17 ----------

Or while on the phone you hit a young child with your car???????????????????//

You're seriously comparing answering a call at the supermarket to using a mobile whilst driving? :loopy: