E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

Five years ago come October 21st,i was given two years to live if i didn't quit,after dozens of half hearted attempts it finally got home to me that i wouldn't see my missus,children or grandchildren if i continued being a slave to nicotine.

I stopped that day and although i have to rely on manufactured oxygen,i still consider it better than the other option.

I consider myself lucky in that,if i hadn't been given that ultimatum i would have killed myself through my addiction to a foul weed.you and i could be considered somewhat lucky to be given such a wake up call.

I'm full of admiration for anyone that quits smoking and if ecigs help them to do so then i consider it to be by far the less of two evils.

Edited by rossyrooney
E T A. this is in answer to post 33

Firstly that is 3 years old and it has not being taken further? To add, the pharmaceutical companies are p*$$ed because they have invested billions into the harm of smoking and cessation products but none of them have got links to ecigs, which actually have proved to have worked more successfully than other products.

Not taken it any further!?!???!!!. It has already led to a ban in 6 states and others are considering their position.

Five years ago come October 21st,i was given two years to live if i didn't quit,after dozens of half hearted attempts it finally got home to me that i wouldn't see my missus,children or grandchildren if i continued being a slave to nicotine.

I stopped that day and although i have to rely on manufactured oxygen,i still consider it better than the other option.

I consider myself lucky in that,if i hadn't been given that ultimatum i would have killed myself through my addiction to a foul weed.you and i could be considered somewhat lucky to be given such a wake up call.

I'm full of admiration for anyone that quits smoking and if ecigs help them to do so then i consider it to be by far the less of two evils.

Oh I didn't say owt wrong I hope your lass quits, but I also hope they are not as bad as being made out. I wish my missus would stop, but she won't; so no amount of me mithering her will do any good. :):)

Not taken it any further!?!???!!!. It has already led to a ban in 6 states and others are considering their position.

Real cigarettes don't have a great safety record either, but they're taxed so they're allowed.

Real cigarettes have caused more fires and burns than that ecig explosion in florida. Any electrical or elctronic item carries a slight risk of fire/explosion etc, the chances of them exploding though, are slim. But they do.

Real cigarettes have caused more fires and burns than that ecig explosion in florida. Any electrical or elctronic item carries a slight risk of fire/explosion etc, the chances of them exploding though, are slim. But they do.

That is because they are unregulated and no one knows how well made they are. It may well be that in time types will be approved as safe and beneficial, but at the moment most are just cheap tat that is put togther in Chinese sweat shops with scant regard for any quality control or whether they damage people's health.

Real cigarettes don't have a great safety record either, but they're taxed so they're allowed.

What with folk quitting and the smugglers,revenue must have plummeted,dont fret,they'll think of something to make it up.

Hardly the issue though is it?

I'm typing this on my phone now. Its on charge too, of course it could burst into flames at any given moment, but the chances are very slim. Of course its probably better made than an Ecig, although I have my doubts, what with it being a cheap Nokia.

As Normansmum said aboce, she uses sunbeds and facial tanning machines. The facial tanners especially have a record of exploding and leaving people scarred or even blinded (currently being covered on Hollyoaks) but people still use them just for pure vanity, and thats coupled with the cancer risk of them too, as they are just a mini sunbed fr your face. The chances of explosions are small, but the risk is there. The chances of an ecig exploding are slim, in fact I can only find one case, correct me if I'm wrong, out of thousands, maybe millions of users, who are using them mostly for the health benefits of them being a stop smoking aid. I'd prefer to risk an explosion in my face for health reasons than for vanity.

Ah well then love that says it all, I mean there's no way sunbeds linked to cancer is there (that's sarcasm). Other than that fag in Florida I've not heard of any facial products that could "potentially" explode.

I've heard of hairdryers and straighteners catching fire and exploding and I use them by my face on a daily basis too and they are plugged into the mains. But I suspect that you won't use them so haven't given those a second thought, hey?

Ah well then love, I thought you were talking about exploding ecigs not cancer and sunbeds but if you want to show me where ecigs are cancer causing fill ya boots, love (sarcastic tone ;) just for you)

I'm typing this on my phone now. Its on charge too, of course it could burst into flames at any given moment, but the chances are very slim. Of course its probably better made than an Ecig, although I have my doubts, what with it being a cheap Nokia.

As Normansmum said aboce, she uses sunbeds and facial tanning machines. The facial tanners especially have a record of exploding and leaving people scarred or even blinded (currently being covered on Hollyoaks) but people still use them just for pure vanity, and thats coupled with the cancer risk of them too, as they are just a mini sunbed fr your face. The chances of explosions are small, but the risk is there. The chances of an ecig exploding are slim, in fact I can only find one case, correct me if I'm wrong, out of thousands, maybe millions of users, who are using them mostly for the health benefits of them being a stop smoking aid. I'd prefer to risk an explosion in my face for health reasons than for vanity.

I've heard of hairdryers and straighteners catching fire and exploding and I use them by my face on a daily basis too and they are plugged into the mains. But I suspect that you won't use them so haven't given those a second thought, hey?

Ah well then love, I thought you were talking about exploding ecigs not cancer and sunbeds but if you want to show me where ecigs are cancer causing fill ya boots, love (sarcastic tone ;) just for you)

I suspect that quality control and product approval exists for all these devices where as there is no accepted standard for e-cigs. This is more surprising as people take the vapour from them straight into there body.

But just to get things straight my local doesn't allow sunbeds or hair straightners in the bar either, which is why I'm off there now.

Hardly the issue though is it?

So eckerslike are you a non smoker, smoker or and ex smoker?

I think the issue is very much covered by the Dr Hilary Jones clips I posted. They are not harmful like cigarettes to the user or people around them. They work at stopping smoking, I am testament to that and I speak from my own personal experience. They do not smell or leave any smell or stains. It is vapour not smoke. You can chose juice with nicotine or without, but nicotine is as harmful as caffeine and just an alternative to patches.