E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

iv recently bought an e-cig, an electric cigarette that basicaly just contains water glycerol and no harmful chemicals, the vapor it lets off i belive to be just water vapour, im wondering if any other people have had any problems in clubs/ pubs. and does anyone know if they set fire alarms off as it says theres no restrictions to where it can be used

iv recently bought an e-cig, an electric cigarette that basicaly just contains water glycerol and no harmful chemicals, the vapor it lets off i belive to be just water vapour, im wondering if any other people have had any problems in clubs/ pubs. and does anyone know if they set fire alarms off as it says theres no restrictions to where it can be used

Don't try it on a bus

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/06/megabus-smoke-buses-terrorist

There isn't any restrictions as far as I know, I use mine everywhere and haven't had a single problem anywhere, although as a certain megabus passenger may now well be aware there are still a few people around who don't know what they are and may object.

There isn't any restrictions as far as I know, I use mine everywhere and haven't had a single problem anywhere, although as a certain megabus passenger may now well be aware there are still a few people around who don't know what they are and may object.

It's not a case of folks not knowing what they are or whether they are legal to use in pubs etc. Every one I have come across stinks. Our local doesn't allow them and chuck folk outside if they want to use them, which they have every right to do.

It's not a case of folks not knowing what they are or whether they are legal to use in pubs etc. Every one I have come across stinks. Our local doesn't allow them and chuck folk outside if they want to use them, which they have every right to do.

They don't stink, what's you local?

I'd like to avoid it, sounds like a horrid place to me.

It is entirely up to the business owners whether they allow the things although many countries are now rolling out bans on where they can be used just like they did with regular cigarettes.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/02/17/cloud-of-smoke-surrounding-the-use-of-electronic-cigarettes-in-scottish-companies/

SMOKERS at one of Scotland’s biggest companies have been banned from using electronic cigarettes at their desks.

Finance firm Standard Life say the e-cigs – which contain a nicotine solution but produce no smoke – breach their strict no-smoking rules.

A-list celebrities including Kate Moss, Britney Spears and Johnny Depp have been known to use e-cigs and one manufacturer alone claims to have 20,000 customers north of the border.

The battery-powered “healthy” cigarettes, which typically cost £20 – £30, heat up the nicotine solution, giving users a hit of their favourite drug and producing steam. A red LED at the tip of the e-cig completes the effect.

But Standard Life, which employs 9,000 people in Edinburgh, says e-cig users will have to go outside to get their fix like regular cigarette users.

She said: “Standard Life has been a non-smoking company for over 20 years and we have no plans to introduce e-cigarettes. We are very active in the promotion of staff’s health and well being.

Edited by eckerslike

Just a way of flagrantly trying to get round the ban, chuck em outside in all weathers, with rest of the poor bloody smokers

http://www.bmj.com/content/344/bmj.e3

Hanover bans e-cigarette use in civic offices amid calls for better safety data

Health authorities in Germany are warning of potential risks to health from electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), with a top official at the German Cancer Research Centre in Heidelberg calling it one of the major new health issues currently facing Germany and the rest of Europe.

Just a way of flagrantly trying to get round the ban, chuck em outside in all weathers, with rest of the poor bloody smokers

It isn't smoking!

..... you're just sneering from a position of ignorance.

It isn't smoking!

..... you're just sneering from a position of ignorance.

So why are they banned in so many countries with that list of countries increasing? It seems you are the one posting from a position of ignorance.

Banned in Samuel Smiths pubs can be mistaken for real ones.

Edited by choogling