Can you recommend me a chimney sweep?

Dave Wooffindin is based in Barnsley. He's the education trustee for the guild of master chimney sweeps.He is fully insured and will give you an insurance backed certificate .

tel: 07910198099

I have a traditional small fireplace in my lounge. Can anyone reccommend a chmney sweep? (I've tried Dick Van Dyke already!!):roll:

Oakbrook chimney services did ours and were good.

We used Wildgoose Chimney Sweeps 07930262233 (robthesweep). I would definitely recommend him as he was friendly, reliable and his rates were very reasonable.

Edited by ranford

Oakbrook chimney services did ours and were good.

I'd second this. Nice bloke and no mess from the chimney.

Is it a capped chimney, l was talking with a group of old folk yesterday about chimneys when they were younger. They all talked about using rocket fireworks when they were kids on uncapped chimneys. Not sure what the law on it is now but l would give it a try if l had an old fire just as an experiment!:loopy:

hi, there is some damp coming in through my chimney breasts - got my roofer coming to look at the external issues, but it's possible that there is a blockage inside my chimney so I'm looking for someone in the S8 area who can come and clean them. Any recommendations ?

Rob the sweep seems to be the resident SF one.

Can I just say Rob's been doing my chimney for last 2 years, top bloke, though I didn't get him from forum he came recommended another way. I didn't even know he was on forum :hihi:

Yep I can say go with Rob:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: