Costa coffee Broomhill. Pants!!

Agree with the earlier comment go to Remo’s instead (its temporarily in Glossop Road while they refurbish the original site) – they will be doing more food when it re-opens. Probably the best coffee in Sheffield.

Ann

http://www.wellthought.co.uk

talking therapies to change your life

I always use the Costa when I'm in Broomhill, I really like it in there. Like any other establishment, things can go wrong with the technology or equipment. If it's not a regular occurrence I wouldn't be so quick to say the whole place is 'pants', because of a failure. Costa's coffee is of the same standard whichever branch you go into & customers want their coffee made certain ways to suit how they like it. I don't ever go to Remo's because the coffee is too strong for me & I would imagine if I went into Remo's & asked for a 'large one shot skinny latte' they would take me out the back & shoot me!

The only criticism I have about Broomhill Costa is that they seem to have inherited a couple of the Cream staff, who, in my humble opinion, need a bit more training & a lesson in how to smile. And also the staff seem overwhelmed when it gets busy and then they get flustered & dont seem to work well as a team.

Why can't I find the relocated Remo's?

Where exactly is it?

How disappointing. I thought this thread was going to be about someone in their pants in Costa Coffee.

"I don't ever go to Remo's because the coffee is too strong for me & I would imagine if I went into Remo's & asked for a 'large one shot skinny latte' they would take me out the back & shoot me!"

I'm sorry but that sums up everything about these soulless branded coffee chains and customers devotion to them: with their ridiculous made up drinks names which they paid marketeers thousands to come up with. I'm baffled why people like them instead of the independent coffee houses, cafes like Remo's are the real deal, what Costa offer is not real coffee or even an authentic environment. Students seem to be the worse lapping up these chains and brands just as they seem to be prepared to save supermarkets money by using the self service tills.

Edited by gamezone07

As consumers, we like what we like and we choose to patronise establishments that serve us with what we want. Nothing wrong with that. It's about individual choices & an open market to suit all levels of customer preferences.

I like weak milky coffee. I dont like the strong Italian style coffees. So I choose the Coffee establishments that serve me my style. It is the way of the free world! We have choices. Nobody has the right to dictate where you should or shouldn't attend just because of your own personal preferences.

I'm sorry but that sums up everything about these soulless branded coffee chains and customers devotion to them: with their ridiculous made up drinks names which they paid marketeers thousands to come up with. I'm baffled why people like them instead of the independent coffee houses, cafes like Remo's are the real deal, what Costa offer is not real coffee or even an authentic environment.

Coffee snobbery!

You'll be telling me that Yorkshire Tea isn't the "real deal" from the gentle dale slopes next, or even that I'm a hopeless tu rd because I quite like lager, that my pork pie and Branston preference isn't "authentic".

Get over yerself.

Why can't I find the relocated Remo's?

Where exactly is it?

About 40 yards past the Broomhill Tavern going down Glossop Road.

" It is the way of the free world! We have choices. Nobody has the right to dictate where you should or shouldn't attend just because of your own personal preferences."

Only to a degree:, the chains do the Walmart thing of moving into areas where indies have thrived and wiping them out with their economies of scale, etc, and of course their vast marketing budgets..

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 16:31 ----------

Coffee snobbery!

You'll be telling me that Yorkshire Tea isn't the "real deal" from the gentle dale slopes next, or even that I'm a hopeless tu rd because I quite like lager, that my pork pie and Branston preference isn't "authentic".

Get over yerself.

Lol, the thing is, in say Italy this wouldn't be seen as 'snobbery' but common sense...

Lol, the thing is, in say Italy this wouldn't be seen as 'snobbery' but common sense...

'tis true. Thing is if there is a market for a product it will flourish. Me, I'm happy with something hot and wet in the morning,(steady), other will fancy the ease of a Quickocinno,(might patent that), and the erstwhile seek the real deal.

Appreciate the economy of scale thing too, do you shop at Tesco?

The thread I think was about the place being a bit rubbish, which is all subjective nonsense.

Moaning about a brew. ffs.

ps Moaning about someone moaning about moaning about a brew - even worse,sorry all.

As consumers, we like what we like and we choose to patronise establishments that serve us with what we want. Nothing wrong with that. It's about individual choices & an open market to suit all levels of customer preferences.

I like weak milky coffee. I dont like the strong Italian style coffees. So I choose the Coffee establishments that serve me my style. It is the way of the free world! We have choices. Nobody has the right to dictate where you should or shouldn't attend just because of your own personal preferences.

Interesting....Which coffee establishment serves you your style of coffee?