We are being slated again . Nurses .

You certainly have not upset me at all .I agree with what you say .You like a good nurse yourself . Just so hard sometimes isn't it ? !!

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 09:40 ----------

Daven

You are very lucky to have such a good Matron because ours is awful . No people skills & not supportive of staff at all .Her motto is " just give patients what they want all of the time " . Despite them becoming addicted to certain drugs because of this.

I know we are. Don't get me wrong - she is very strict and I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of her:help:, but when the s**t hits the fan she is brilliant - very supportive of her staff.

Edited by Daven

• 7 months later...

Of course everyone like headless chickens accepts the government propaganda regarding using scapegoats as the cause for lack of care. Well If I have one child I can give it all my care, if I have two it is divided if I have 10 children then it starts to get complicated, and so it is with care.

So where is the money? Well folks heard of PPI where the banks back the private sector to build, refurbish and maintain hospitals at a very reasonable price starting at 4 times the cost if it was borrowed from the government. The maintenance contracts are just a money printing exercise, which well paid lawyers employed by the companies concerned, hold us all to ransom. Hospitals are run on the basis of being a business, a very 1980's concept of ticks and boxes where managers who know lots about systems and sod all about medicine run the "BUSINESS" as it pays their high wages and bonuses. Anything really profitable is of course privatised, which again is run for profit, as the old peoples homes prove care in the community ends at the crematoriums.

When one attempts to convert caring people into money making units, then they have quotas, and then management can bully and blackmail staff, replacing many with deals from agencies. Its the market silly, and markets are for profit innit!

So like caring for animals going to slaughter, one tries hard to begin with, but the pressure of getting the animals "processed" or slaughtered, makes one after a time turn from a caring person to a brute. This also happened in the early stages of the extermination camps where the guards were kind and thoughtful to the caring, so as not to cause alarm, but this changed when the numbers were increased to a point that the next train was due shortly and one had to get rid of the present situation. Thus kindness however superficial became sadism and brutality, and kindness in adversity disappeared.

Obviously its not the same but the process of brutilisation of workers of any system is the smae as many psychological studies showed after the war. They could not understand how fathers, husbands, could transform into bullying brutes, so tests were carried out to see what causes people to become sadistic.

When one has a quota system pressure is put on people from the top down, and with kids to feed, rents and debts to pay, being threatened with the sack and a bad reference can transform anyone in time.

For most people in this new world, life is slowly becoming rather worrysome, and as full time jobs are turned into part time ones, one finds one has no choice. There is no union to complain to, there is no one to complain to, and whistleblowers do never it seems get employment again in their speciality. Unions are dead, one is treated as an individual so can easily be bullied, persuaded to do what they would once never believed they could do. Death camp guards was never a a career option, it was a nasty job, and one could also not complain there, as one would unexpectedly end one's career there.

So working in the NHS, a slaughterhouse and a concentration camp all have managers, who have quotas, and these managers get promotions, bonuses, for shoveling more, quickly through the system, and our managers like the Nazis choose not to have difficult cases hold up the system, as it would affect the bonuses. We have and are creating systems, management systems that are brutal, uncaring, and profit motivated.

The nurses, the front line staff in general are not part of this bonus culture, they are forced into it through cuts, lack of staff, and greedy managers.

By the way it started in the 1980's and with immigration, a bursting population, closing of hospitals and care in the community, what the hell do you thi nk it will be like in 5 years?

Of course everyone like headless chickens accepts the government propaganda regarding using scapegoats as the cause for lack of care. Well If I have one child I can give it all my care, if I have two it is divided if I have 10 children then it starts to get complicated, and so it is with care.

So where is the money? Well folks heard of PPI where the banks back the private sector to build, refurbish and maintain hospitals at a very reasonable price starting at 4 times the cost if it was borrowed from the government. The maintenance contracts are just a money printing exercise, which well paid lawyers employed by the companies concerned, hold us all to ransom. Hospitals are run on the basis of being a business, a very 1980's concept of ticks and boxes where managers who know lots about systems and sod all about medicine run the "BUSINESS" as it pays their high wages and bonuses. Anything really profitable is of course privatised, which again is run for profit, as the old peoples homes prove care in the community ends at the crematoriums.

When one attempts to convert caring people into money making units, then they have quotas, and then management can bully and blackmail staff, replacing many with deals from agencies. Its the market silly, and markets are for profit innit!

So like caring for animals going to slaughter, one tries hard to begin with, but the pressure of getting the animals "processed" or slaughtered, makes one after a time turn from a caring person to a brute. This also happened in the early stages of the extermination camps where the guards were kind and thoughtful to the caring, so as not to cause alarm, but this changed when the numbers were increased to a point that the next train was due shortly and one had to get rid of the present situation. Thus kindness however superficial became sadism and brutality, and kindness in adversity disappeared.

Obviously its not the same but the process of brutilisation of workers of any system is the smae as many psychological studies showed after the war. They could not understand how fathers, husbands, could transform into bullying brutes, so tests were carried out to see what causes people to become sadistic.

When one has a quota system pressure is put on people from the top down, and with kids to feed, rents and debts to pay, being threatened with the sack and a bad reference can transform anyone in time.

For most people in this new world, life is slowly becoming rather worrysome, and as full time jobs are turned into part time ones, one finds one has no choice. There is no union to complain to, there is no one to complain to, and whistleblowers do never it seems get employment again in their speciality. Unions are dead, one is treated as an individual so can easily be bullied, persuaded to do what they would once never believed they could do. Death camp guards was never a a career option, it was a nasty job, and one could also not complain there, as one would unexpectedly end one's career there.

So working in the NHS, a slaughterhouse and a concentration camp all have managers, who have quotas, and these managers get promotions, bonuses, for shoveling more, quickly through the system, and our managers like the Nazis choose not to have difficult cases hold up the system, as it would affect the bonuses. We have and are creating systems, management systems that are brutal, uncaring, and profit motivated.

The nurses, the front line staff in general are not part of this bonus culture, they are forced into it through cuts, lack of staff, and greedy managers.

By the way it started in the 1980's and with immigration, a bursting population, closing of hospitals and care in the community, what the hell do you thi nk it will be like in 5 years?

You are a classic example of the failure of the Nhs to properly care for people with mental health issues.