Changing address with JSA

I'm claiming JSA and recently i changed my address ( moved 2 a different house) so i asked my adviser how can i change it & he told me 2 use the phone so i did it and told them my new address but after a few weeks they still didnt change it, so i tried 2 ring them again but this time i was told i need to fill in JSA3 form.does anyone know why i need to fill this application form only to change my address??it's 2 much information 2 fill it in,& I thought this application is only for re-assessment.

When you move address your household circumstances may change. For example you might move in with a partner or away from a partner. This could affect how much money you're entitled to. Your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit (if you're claiming them) will be affected too as your landlord and rent may have changed. In that case you'd need to tell Howden House although the JCP might trigger the changes for you through the form.

JSA3 form is just about you

about your partner if you have one

names addresses etc

do you work? No. go to next part

do you get a pension? no

all the other disability benefits, no no and no (I assume, if its JSA you're on) go to next part

details of any children - and thats basically it isnt it?

They can see what changes you've made from your current claim to this new form, which if only your address has changed should be very easy to fill in.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I can understand your reluctance to fill in a form when you don't know the difference between 2 and to.

All this two, to, too business eh? Much easier to just use a universal 2. Saves so much thinking time.

All this two, to, too business eh? Much easier to just use a universal 2. Saves so much thinking time.

I know.

It's very difficult 2 understand that 2 cums after won and before free.

Ah...but that's the thin end of the wedge Leah...as you know text talk isn't allowed on the forum...Start allowing that, and before you know it, I'll have to have some children sat next to me to translate!!! :hihi:

Mod hat off:

It's a pity that the original poster wasn't given the right information when she first rang to enquire, or that her 'advisor' also gave her errant information. It might have saved two weeks of confusion!

Ah...but that's the thin end of the wedge Leah...as you know text talk isn't allowed on the forum...Start allowing that, and before you know it, I'll have to have some children sat next to me to translate!!! :hihi:

Mod hat off:

It's a pity that the original poster wasn't given the right information when she first rang to enquire, or that her 'advisor' also gave her errant information. It might have saved two weeks of confusion!

Her adviser is there to give advice on job search not benefits information. ANy change of circumstance have to be reported to the benefits staff over the phone, they will determine if it is a change of circumatances which may affect benefit entitlement.