What games have you been playing lately

CorkerSWFC

I go months and months without playing anything at all before picking a game up again, which is why I'm still trundling my way through Alice: Madness Returns. It's beautiful, but a tad frustrating for someone with two left thumbs.

The original version of Alice, bundled with the new one as a download code, is a brilliant blast from the past.

Recently finished darksiders, got darksiders 2 coming tomorrow. Finished dantes inferno yesterday, now going through it again to find stuff I missed first time. Finished borderlands 2 recently, waiting to start that again on vault hunter. And had the FIM motocross game from love film, but sent it back the day after as it was cack.

Bit of Halo 4 MP after finishing the campaign, but the lobby/maps etc. take sooooo looooong to get a game going...which then hooked me back onto the more immediate, and still immensely satisfying, BF1943 (just loaded BF2 on PC again for old times' sake, as well).

I'm a bit off driving & flying games-sims (my usual staple) atm, don't seem to get as much enjoyment from them. Nothing on the "new releases" horizon that takes my fancy, I seem to be slowly but surely falling into another regress....sorry, retro gaming phase :D

On that point, selling one my arcade cabs at the weekend, and will be looking for 'new' old hardware/games that-a-way. Some Sega hardware would sit very nicely indeed next to my NeoGeo hardware, either a dedicated driver or a more modern Naomi (basically, 'arcade dreamcast') unit ;)

Working my way through my ps+ games backlog and just finished quantum conundrum, it's a fantastic game in a portal kinda way (shes the same lead dev I think) and its voiced by Q from Star Trek TNG.

On to outlander now by ubisoft, not bad a bit metroidy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived