Parson Cross youth carving things up!

chem1st

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/carving-a-new-life-1-5331892

TREES felled at a Sheffield school have been turned into a new playground reading area.

Pupils at Mansel Primary School in Parson Cross even tried their hands at carving the piece – themed around the books of Roald Dahl’s and created from trees which had to be felled at the site last year. It will be used as a storytelling and reading area.

School spokeswoman Danielle Sapsed-Byrne said: “The pupils loved the project and showed buckets of enthusiasm for it.

The picture shows one of the carvings, it looks quite good.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/carving-a-new-life-1-5331892

The picture shows one of the carvings, it looks quite good.

Yes it is good. Its nice to hear about something wholesome and positive going on in Parson Cross for once.

I remember a great carving of a face in a tree at the library somewhere in between Firth Park and Firvale, does anyone know if thats still there?

Yes it is good. Its nice to hear about something wholesome and positive going on in Parson Cross for once.

I remember a great carving of a face in a tree at the library somewhere in between Firth Park and Firvale, does anyone know if thats still there?

agree and also agree with cross being no diffrent then anywhere else in sheffield are other cities either :):)

agree and also agree with cross being no diffrent then anywhere else in sheffield are other cities either :):)

I know from reading on here that PC comes in for a lot of flack, IMO anything that gives kids creativity and an interest has to be good. All joking apart but PC has come under that tag of "tarring" all with the same brush, I feel probably unjustly.

They probably brought their own knives.

This was so predictable come up with something new... theres always someone pulling the cross down, yeah its got a bad reputation but not all kids and families follow in the same path. Its like anywhere else really....

No someone set fire to it a few years ago.