Expected car insurance?

For a new driver of 34yr old. 2003 reg small car. 3rd party fire and theft. What would you expect to pay initially for the first year or so?

How long is a piece of string. goes on the type of car, area you live, any convictions etc,etc,etc

Use a price comparison website.

As above, it depends where you live, what you do, all sorts of factors.

It's utter laziness that you came on here instead of doing 15 minutes of research online, you'd have had to do it at some point. SF members can't go and insure your car for you.

Use a price comparison website.

As above, it depends where you live, what you do, all sorts of factors.

It's utter laziness that you came on here instead of doing 15 minutes of research online, you'd have had to do it at some point. SF members can't go and insure your car for you.

Not utter laziness at all actually pal!!! Ive been on compare the market for over an hour! Not got my car yet! Looking between a few. Insurance is coming up between £1599 (deposit of nearly £300!!) and over £2300 upwards........ So i just wondered if this was what was normal. I know its about £2000 for teenagers getting their first car just thought it might be a bit cheaper as im a bit older.

So no not laziness at all! Just asking a genuine question

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 18:26 ----------

How long is a piece of string. goes on the type of car, area you live, any convictions etc,etc,etc

Yeah i guess it is. No convictions or anything. Its been coming up between £1599 then £2300 and upwards i thought it might be cheaper as im not a youngster. My nephew paid £2000. Thanks

Edited by charlie_boy

Try searching for fully comp - it actually reduced the price of my insurance by quite a significant amount!

I know its about £2000 for teenagers getting their first car just thought it might be a bit cheaper as im a bit older.

It's 5, 6, or even 7K now for teenagers now.

Your quote does seem steep, but it could be down to where you live, the car you drive, or your driving history.

Insurance is legalised robbery.

TPFT insurance quotes come up double the price of fully comp for my OH

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Not utter laziness at all actually pal!!! Ive been on compare the market for over an hour! Not got my car yet! Looking between a few. Insurance is coming up between £1599 (deposit of nearly £300!!) and over £2300 upwards........ So i just wondered if this was what was normal. I know its about £2000 for teenagers getting their first car just thought it might be a bit cheaper as im a bit older.

So no not laziness at all! Just asking a genuine question

I don't drive, but I know a couple of new drivers who are in their late 20's and who drive normal cars (not big/powerful) who are paying £2000+.

It seems like being older and driving a sensible car doesn't necessarily lead to a lower premium if you're a new driver.

Strange isnt it. I was always told tpft was cheaper than fully comp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Strange isnt it. I was always told tpft was cheaper than fully comp.

I do believe it used to be.

I found putting my step-dad on my insurance as an additional driver brought the cost down a bit.

Try adding a second more experienced driver .Try all the comparison sites .Also without telling lies try altering the wording on what job you do .It can make a difference . Be as sure as possible about the mileage you will be doing .