Burglaries In Frecheville Last Night

have you never watched road wars - more chance of catching a criminal via seeing his untaxed, uninsured car than staking out a housing estate.

True that.

Agreed...but it doesn't do much to alleviate the fear that the old folk have of being mugged for their purses or going on a shopping parade littered with yobs..There's still a lot to be said for the old time copper on the beat.

be no chance of sorting it when they knock their money down....they only sort crime that brings in the money for bent polititions...

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

At 1am on a tuesday morning?

lol no, about 9am onwards

no, the police were, are very much against it - quote from them on the matter about 15 pages back.

oddly no-one on the estate who posted saw the mob either.

wrong, some posters even said they knew the concerned locals (not mob) who were patroling their area to help people feel more safe in their houses.

in public the police might not sanction it but i bet in private quite a few would

sounds about right..

you drive 10 ft in a untaxed car there will be a mon force of police around

I wonder if burglars, when caught, are sat around saying "bloody coppers, should be out catching people who don't tax/insure their road vehicles"

If you get copped for no tax/insurance it's yer own fault, seeing as how it's illegal, it's not a case of 'oh well at least i'm not murdering or raping'

wrong, some posters even said they knew the concerned locals (not mob) who were patroling their area to help people feel more safe in their houses.

in public the police might not sanction it but i bet in private quite a few would

I know a few of the mob myself - it didn`t make me feel any safer, had no effect on crime and stretched police resources even thinner.

The police in public and private have made their position on the mob perfectly clear - "thanks, but no thanks"

Privately the police applaud vigilantes.;);)

Privately the police applaud vigilantes.;);)

do they, or just the one policeman you happen to know?

do they, or just the one policeman you happen to know?

so i presume from this comment you know hundreds and they have all told you they dissaprove of locals looking after there own patch.

also you say you know some of the locals,do you call them a mob to their face

---------- Post added 15-01-2013 at 22:54 ----------

I know a few of the mob myself - it didn`t make me feel any safer, had no effect on crime and stretched police resources even thinner.

The police in public and private have made their position on the mob perfectly clear - "thanks, but no thanks"

as far as i can see the police presence has had no effect on crime in the area either

One of the loveliest blokes I've ever worked with was broken into a few hours ago. He's lost his laptop and external hard drive that had pictures of all his kids on.

That is in Gleadless.

Why this stuff isn't front page every day to get everyone aware and get the scum caught is beyond me.

so i presume from this comment you know hundreds and they have all told you they dissaprove of locals looking after there own patch.

also you say you know some of the locals,do you call them a mob to their face

yes mate to both comments.

as far as i can see the police presence has had no effect on crime in the area either

mob rule on the streets of Frecheville - don`t think so somehow

5 call-outs Yesterday all for break-ins on pvc doors. Anyone needing sash jammers (From £15 each supply & fitted) or anti-snap cylinders (from £25 s & f) Call Me 07733375737