Burglaries In Frecheville Last Night

A burglary took place in Darnall Staniforth Road area last night. :(

I wonder if people can install a neighbourhood watch or something and do something proactive to deal with these.

dont forget, its not actually happening, its just Sheffield forum mass hysteria :-)

dont forget, its not actually happening, its just Sheffield forum mass hysteria :-)

yepp,the times posts have been answered on here with,"there's no increase in crime" or "there's no huge increase in crime" or the best one "the increase is seasonal".

well now finally the police are saying it in black and white ,the number of burgularies have tripled.

so it's not mass hysteria or scare mongering,unless of course the police are being accused of joining in with it,just for a laugh

yepp,the times posts have been answered on here with,"there's no increase in crime" or "there's no huge increase in crime" or the best one "the increase is seasonal".

well now finally the police are saying it in black and white ,the number of burgularies have tripled.

so it's not mass hysteria or scare mongering,unless of course the police are being accused of joining in with it,just for a laugh

just a small level selective reading there huh?

lets all take a news report about one period in time and ignore the fact there was no news report for the same period of time the year before to compare it to and reach a conclusion that suits our position?

lets ignore the company that have been noting crime statistics (written and anecdotal) for over 30 years?

lets ignore the fact crime has actually only risen by 8% and mention "it`s tripled" as often as possible from now on while ignoring the fact that the crime wave was localised (as described earlier) transient (as described earlier) and that the crime wave started later this year than normal (as described earlier)

you just see what you want to see.

just a small level selective reading there huh?

lets all take a news report about one period in time and ignore the fact there was no news report for the same period of time the year before to compare it to and reach a conclusion that suits our position?

lets ignore the company that have been noting crime statistics (written and anecdotal) for over 30 years?

lets ignore the fact crime has actually only risen by 8% and mention "it`s tripled" as often as possible from now on while ignoring the fact that the crime wave was localised (as described earlier) transient (as described earlier) and that the crime wave started later this year than normal (as described earlier)

you just see what you want to see.

I may be wrong but isn't it david hartley from SYP who said it had tripled so please can you aim all your selective facts at him.I see someone from SYP saying something and yes i do believe him so you're right there.

ps just one question,Is he telling LIES

Edited by monzaman

I may be wrong but isn't it david hartley from SYP who said it had tripled so please can you aim all your selective facts at him.I see someone from SYP saying something and yes i do believe him so you're right there.

ps just one question,Is he telling LIES

''Figures for 1 April 2012 to 20 January 2013 show burglaries at homes have risen 8.4% from 3,012 to 3,266 compared to the same period in 2011/2012.''

Presumably these are City wide figures. What that actually mean is that there were 254 more burglaries over a ten month period.

Any tripling in a particular area could mean that what could be a relatively small number of burglaries i.e. 3 a month had gone up to six.

I'm not suggesting that it's anything other than a bad thing that burglary is on the increase, but lets not portray as the beginning of a total collapse of society. It isn't.

Anyway, the police seem to be taking it seriously, so lets hope things improve.

''Figures for 1 April 2012 to 20 January 2013 show burglaries at homes have risen 8.4% from 3,012 to 3,266 compared to the same period in 2011/2012.''

Presumably these are City wide figures. What that actually mean is that there were 254 more burglaries over a ten month period.

Any tripling in a particular area could mean that what could be a relatively small number of burglaries i.e. 3 a month had gone up to six.

I'm not suggesting that it's anything other than a bad thing that burglary is on the increase, but lets not portray as the beginning of a total collapse of society. It isn't.

I know it's not a collapse of society and i hope it can be reduced.

my point was the fact that some posters were almost ridiculing the posters who were mentioning more crime in their area,as if they were liars when we all now know they weren't.

Do you believe the official figures? Who provides them, and have there been any changes as to how they are collected?

pound to a penny the increase recently will be due to 1 or more recently released offenders.I note a burglary incident mentioned on radio sheffield

which was in rotherham the car also stolen was found in frechville,coincidence?.

From other sources, the group that were reprimanded last night were smackheads and not burglars.

Until addicts are prescribed heroin by their GP, burglaries will be a fact of life. If you are addicted (and some people need upwards of £200 a day to feed their habit) you are not going to be deterred by any length of prison sentence or harshness of punishment. If you are rattling from heroin withdrawal and your entire body is screaming GET ME SOME HEROIN NOW!!! you will do whatever you need to do to get some heroin inside you.

Politicians and their drug policies are letting you and everyone else down.

I think the burglarers have been at it again! They've stole my bin collection in Frecheville!