Compulsory litter picking outside your own house.

It's not 5 seconds of effort. The floor is a very long way away for someone with a spinal problem and when I walk I have a walking stick in the arm that I could use for picking anything up.

The assumption that it's easy for everybody really doesn't pan out you know.

How am I meant to know you have some difficulties?I have granted an exemption for OAPs so if you want to seek sanctuary I am sure we will view your circumstances sympathetically.Perhaps the rules of "ramadan"might apply whereby pregnant women and people on haj are exempt also?What do you think?

How am I meant to know you have some difficulties?I have granted an exemption for OAPs so if you want to seek sanctuary I am sure we will view your circumstances sympathetically.Perhaps the rules of "ramadan"might apply whereby pregnant women and people on haj are exempt also?What do you think?

You are a troll.

I have fairly recently got a dog, and so now I walk all around the streets nearby having not really done so previously.

Its a fairly nice area and it sadens me to see all the litter around directly in front of peoples houses, and when I'm walking my dog on these streets everyday its the same litter I see just been sitting there all the while.

I dont understand how people can just walk past it everyday and not feel compelled to pick it up, do they not have any pride in their suroundings? I always pick up the litter that is directly in front of and near my house.

Should some sort of law be brought in to make people pick up the litter that directly in front of their houses?

There is a school next to the fitness centre we attend. The school yard is a fine example of the couldn't care less attitude people seem to adopt these days. We watched a man, caretaker I assume, walk around the school yard picking up litter and putting it in a bag. When we came out of the fitness centre just over an hour later there was chip paper blowing all over school yard. In my day we would have been made to go and clean our mess up but these days kids are not expected to follow any rules. If that is how they live at home I dread to think what it is like. In Australia, where I lived for thirty years, we had a yearly event called Clean Up Australia Day where volunteers went out to pick up litter and debris of all kinds. If anyone wants to start a campaign like that we would be happy to volunteer. Someone has to take responsibility, and if we all did just a little, what a difference it could make to our environment. When we go walking we often take a bag and pick up litter on our way.

I agree I’m getting fed up of picking dog crap up from the front of my house; we've been trying to catch the culprit in the act for several weeks.

Sorry but this just reminded me of the old joke : A German Shepard had a poo in my garden yesterday...I was incensed....today he came back and brought his dog too! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Sorry: Back on topic.

Around where I live there's an old fella who wanders about the area with a black sack and one of those litter picking devices. I'm pretty sure he's not actually employed to do it, I think he just does it for a hobby or out of community spirit or something. I've seen him on lots of occasions. Hats off to him, that's all I can say!

Sorry but this just reminded me of the old joke : A German Shepard had a poo in my garden yesterday...I was incensed....today he came back and brought his dog too! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Sorry: Back on topic.

Around where I live there's an old fella who wanders about the area with a black sack and one of those litter picking devices. I'm pretty sure he's not actually employed to do it, I think he just does it for a hobby or out of community spirit or something. I've seen him on lots of occasions. Hats off to him, that's all I can say!

I can hear them laughing all the way from Augsburg to Stuttgart.:o

I would say some responsibility lies with the take-away.By putting bins outside they may feel they have done their bit;however were it not for these shops there would be far less litter.Ultimately many people are too lazy to cook and then compound their indolence by littering the streets.

My elderly dad went outside to be welcomed by a half eaten chip butty sat on his lawn this weekend. This happens regularly since their house sits 5 mins walk from two takeaways. He finds it very distressing. On the odd occasion he has confronted somebody chucking rubbish into his garden, rather than being met with a sheepish apology it is nearly always foul language.

Whilst the responsibility for litter is the morons who chuck it, it would be nice if the takeaways could spend ten mins each day collecting litter which obviously originated from their premises.

Well yeah, obviously thats the ideal solution, but as it is people do litter, and so should we just leave it there??

Perhaps those people never walk out the front of their house, but drive off their driveways instead. Or perhaps they find the idea of picking up litter that other people have dropped unpleasant.

Either way, it's up to them, it's certainly not their responsibility and a law to make it such would be ridiculous.

My elderly dad went outside to be welcomed by a half eaten chip butty sat on his lawn this weekend. This happens regularly since their house sits 5 mins walk from two takeaways. He finds it very distressing. On the odd occasion he has confronted somebody chucking rubbish into his garden, rather than being met with a sheepish apology it is nearly always foul language.

Whilst the responsibility for litter is the morons who chuck it, it would be nice if the takeaways could spend ten mins each day collecting litter which obviously originated from their premises.

Perhaps the food should be returned to the shops.?