Are Boots pharmacists going too far

Over the last couple of weeks I had a rather nasty chest infection. While getting my prescriptions it was mentioned to the pharmacist that when it cleared up my gp suggested I book an appointment for some breathing tests.

The pharmacist has rung me twice to see if I have made an appointment yet (I just want to get the holidays out of the way before I do)

But I am wondering just what business is it of the pharmacist whether I have the tests or not? He has told me he will ring again, but I am not happy about this, I find it rather intrusive.

I wonder if others have experienced similar actions from their pharmacy, and is it something they should be doing.

Over the last couple of weeks I had a rather nasty chest infection. While getting my prescriptions it was mentioned to the pharmacist that when it cleared up my gp suggested I book an appointment for some breathing tests.

The pharmacist has rung me twice to see if I have made an appointment yet (I just want to get the holidays out of the way before I do)

But I am wondering just what business is it of the pharmacist whether I have the tests or not? He has told me he will ring again, but I am not happy about this, I find it rather intrusive.

I wonder if others have experienced similar actions from their pharmacy, and is it something they should be doing.

TBH I think it's good of the pharmacist to ring you, as you say you've had a very nasty chest infection. Perhaps they are genuinely concerned and feel that you should be looked at further, when I had open heart surgery I visited my doctor some weeks later and told him, he was astonished and said himself he'd have never put me in the top percentile for that.

Just get it checked out, and be thankful someone shows an interest. HNY.

I had a similar thing happen. I just told him to mind his own and jog on.

Not heard back from him since

I am interested to read the varying responses. My own view is that any future tests etc are between me and my gp.

The pharmacist's role is to fill prescriptions, making sure the patient understands the medicine. It is not his place to harass me about when I arrange an appointment with my doctor, to the extent of two phone calls and a promised (threatened) third.

Archived