If you were American, would you support greater gun control in the US?

Should gun ownership be more strictly controlled in the US?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Should gun ownership be more strictly controlled in the US?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

That seems to have made you an authority on subduing a mentally disturbed person, very possibly much stronger than you without risking a traumatic injury in the process.

Please do quote a post which shows this

I'm big enough to be able to take care of myself and have had training in unarmed combat but if the option were available and at the same time having no particular desire to risk having my skull cleaved open I would just shoot the bastid.... problem solved.

Do you carry a gun?

Hi Yup Pilgrim ! Chew on that for awhile :D

What? :huh:

Do you have evidence to back up your claim about the police response times being more than 10-15 minutes?

You are obsessed with machete massacres.

Your own figures say there are 4 armed response vehicles to cover 1500 square kilometres. That's like 30 kms by 50 kms. Unless these cars have warp drive I would think 15 minutes is incredibly optimistic. With the best case scenario it is quite likely that the nearest car is going to have to travel 15 to 20 miles if all are available. But as an incident is likely to get 2 cars attending a further incident at the other side of South Yorkshire could take half an hour.

You responded to my posting about a maniac armed with a shotgun.

I wouldn't know. I'd have to make an answer up. :)

50 in 10 seconds, taking in a 2 second break to wipe the congealed blood out of my eyes.

Blood doesn't congeal that fast :D

You could order them to stand back to back and strike at the side of the neck, two at a time to speed up the process :help:

More guns = more money for the NRA

More money = more power for the NRA.

More power for the NRA = more control over those that are instrumental in influencing gun law.

= more money for the NRA, and around it goes.

Gun deaths = Acceptable bi-product of the above.

Hopefully a change is in the air and the momentum is seized.

Your own figures say there are 4 armed response vehicles to cover 1500 square kilometres. That's like 30 kms by 50 kms. Unless these cars have warp drive I would think 15 minutes is incredibly optimistic. With the best case scenario it is quite likely that the nearest car is going to have to travel 15 to 20 miles if all are available. But as an incident is likely to get 2 cars attending a further incident at the other side of South Yorkshire could take half an hour.

You responded to my posting about a maniac armed with a shotgun.

That is not evidence, it is your opinion. You have failed to support your claim with evidence as requested.

Here's a question relating to a machete wielding madman running amok in a movie theatre somewhere in Yorkshire.

Would the response to this be

A. PC 49 on his bike armed with a whistle and a truncheon

B. Several squad cars with regular duty police officers some of them trained in the martial arts

C. An armed response team with trained snipers amongst them

Figure that one out genius :D

Probably all three, in that order :|