Ever wonder what happened to your past loves not just your first.

Hi bevnee - would Janet have been born in 1939, and did she have a middle initial 'P'? I mention this as public records show that a Janet P. Trigg was born in Sheffield in Apr-Jun 1939, and it's likely that she was the Janet P. Trigg who married Barrie W. Hubbard in Chesterfield in Jan-Mar 1963.

Hi hillsbro, thanks for the reply not sure if she had a middle name, born 1939 sounds about right (same age as me) she use to live behind my dad and moms bakehouse/shop at 300 Springvale Road Walkley

Congratulations.

Edited by dropout
Information is now outdated

Just read this thread, post, story...from AGES ago, true....but, if it is TRUE...then Great Story.....Good for you man...and Marion.
Well it sure is true, and thanks for your good wishes. In fact Marion and I just celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. Back in 2007 the romantic story appealed to the media - see here for example. Yorkshire TV even covered the wedding for "Calendar"! Although we sometimes think of what "might have been" it's the present time that matters of course, and we literally couldn't be happier. We both led busy, fulfilled lives during the 36½ years we were apart - Marion had a very happy 33-year marriage and has two grown-up children, while I looked after my parents, worked for a bank, travelled the world, won medals (for my stamp collection), wrote books etc. And just when we were facing a lonely future (Marion had lost her husband, and I was within a year or so of losing my mum) we found each other again. And so every day is a bonus..:)

Edited by hillsbro

I wish some of my exes had met Fred West after me!!!!!!

There is a song that goes " Love is lovelier, the second time around". Love is lovelier, with both feet on the ground ":)

You have the second chance i would have loved, make the most of it and try not to make the same mistake again , good luck i really hope it works for you.

Yeah so I see !! tried contacting her, but no reply. Do you know Julie ?

how old is the sarah debyshire?i no one from that area,bout 40 years old

just been reading all these posts, feel like c**p nobodys mentioned me. anyhoo my 1st love was billy bassett from gleadless valley.

my partners cousin!!

Well it sure is true, and thanks for your good wishes. I
Edited by dropout
Edited by original poster.

Aah, good old Facebook worked it's magic here......

I fell for a boy aged 14 at school and flirted with him madly, to no avail. For 2 damn years I tried to get him to ask me out...no joy.

Fast forward 22 years and his name "just came up" on facebook, he he! A friend request later, a bit of banter, emails, then phonecalls and the final meet up .....turns out he was in love with me then but was crippled with shyness and daren't ask me out....fast forward another 18 months and we are now living together and extremely happy :D

I love a happy ending!! Welling up, ere!! Bless!

I love a happy ending!! Welling up, ere!! Bless!
Yes - a truly happy ending!! Like Marion and me you'll be making up for lost time - wonderful!.:)