Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Just treat them like Pizza Flyers ........... bin them.

No, DON'T. Just keep them in case you are unlucky enough to be sued.

No, DON'T. Just keep them in case you are unlucky enough to be sued.

Ive had dozens of the scam invoices over the past few years and ive never once been sent court papers and if i had kept all the threatening letters and invoices ive had through the door id be knee deep in them. I dont the rest of the junk mail i get and i dont keep anything from parking companies who are trying to scam me.

OK- throw 'em away if you like (but don't blame us if you've no defence when/if it ever comes to Court!)

My son has been parking his car along with all the other bus drivers on Olive grove rd, and has been given a parking ticket for the first time no one else has ever had one. Would it be worth appealing

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/mmitchellswfc/1005272_10152922838200231_232287099_n.jpg

Those double yellow lines don't look very well defined to me, you *may* have a chance of winning an appeal..

Those double yellow lines don't look very well defined to me, you *may* have a chance of winning an appeal..

Double yellow lines are the council revenue raiser`s , the private parking companies just try and scam people on private land.

Double yellow lines are the council revenue raiser`s , the private parking companies just try and scam people on private land.

Exactly, when you park on the private parking imitation of the highway/council double yellow lines, they write on the ticket you parked outside the marked bays. Because they know double yellow lines doesn't mean anything on private land.

Stuart

Exactly, when you park on the private parking imitation of the highway/council double yellow lines, they write on the ticket you parked outside the marked bays. Because they know double yellow lines doesn't mean anything on private land.

Stuart

The same as disabled bays on private land are nothing of the sort , but it dosnt stop the parking cowboys trying to scam motorists

Has anyone had a refund from these as I paid it in fear £85.00 and now aware that I shouldn't have :(

you could go back and park without paying 85 times so it will cost only £1 a time

The first reminder for me not paying the fine left on my car on 27th May at meadowhall by pcm has just arrived, i am to believe this will be the first of many!

Does look official i must admit.

Yep you'll get a few letters like that and one or two done up to look like ones from solicitors.

Has anyone had a refund from these as I paid it in fear £85.00 and now aware that I shouldn't have :(

No chance of a refund.