The New Tesco Metro on Ecclesall Road

ukdavvy

Originally posted by Andy78

See...even a mini-person can't get in!

So it sounds like it is going to bewonderful fun trying to access this store if you have a wheelchair, are mobility impaired or are pushing even a single baby-buggy... great stuff! :(

Will have to go and have a look at this...

*puts access-surveyor's hat on, and sets off to investigate.....*

P "watch this space for a report" T

Originally posted by ukdavvy

Hi

I dont mean that there isnt enough olive oil to go round all the Whirlow gllitterati lol but I mean the disruption it is causing to Eccy Road.

Who is the best person to complain to?

Council?

Police?

Planning?

Traffic?

If anyone has a petition just tell me where to sign.

d

Get a life! You seem to have a roblem with residents of Whirlow and property developers- is this cause you would like to make lots of money from it, and would like to live in Whirlow?

And its a bit late to make representations once a development has been completed. The planning process gave you the chance to do this before but you didnt so why complain now? The chance of a petition reversing this situation is nil, and if they do (whichh they wont) it will be my tax that is used to compensate Tesco's which could be spent on educating little children or the environment.

Originally posted by ukdavvy

Hi

Is anybody else hacked off with it?

Mightily! :rant: :rant:I seemed to be a lone voice on the last thread though. I growel (?groul?) every time I pass it (which as I live up Eccy Rd is often!) I am trying my damndest not to use it (Chesterfield Market today was far cheaper too :) )

Ah, Kathy, wait no longer,

I have just got back from my little jaunt to the new Tesco metro!

Here are my findings:-

The doors are very good, plenty wide enough (A good 4' -plus)

The aisles are a bit narrow, this is true, but the checkout aisles are a vast improvement on that awful, cramped cruddy affair that the old tesco that was there had.

I got round the store fairly well.

It was a bit tight, turning, particularly at the ends of the aisles, and I was forever knocking the back of my chair as I was trying to turn round. It was even worse when there were other customers around. I seemed to say nothing but "Sorry!" Excuse me!" "Sorry!" I was not over impressed by that.

The trolley-buffers on the corners of the aisles posed a tripping/ snagging hazard, as they were low, but also, they protruded a goodly distance. My chair wheels snagged on them good-style, as I was going round the corners.

it seemed reasonably well lit, but there was a lot of clutter particularly round the entrance, with vegetables, with boxes and stock-trolleys, and the newspaper display stand right in the middle of the desire lines.

Outside, I thought the trolley park, by the door was poor.

The barriers stuck right out into the footpath, obstructing the pedestrian rights of way, It ought to have been designed as longer, but narrower, in order to make the path more accessible.

The other thing I noticed was that this Tesco's prices differ from the prices at the Tesco on West Street for example a "Tesco Finest" yogurt at the Ecclesall Road branch is 51p. At the Tesco on West Street it's 54p. Odd. Very odd

PT

easy solution to all users..SHOP ONLINE with Tesco, you get FREE DELIVERY and its so much less hassle and ramming cars in car parks, ramming pensioners with slow trolleys, getting rammed by runaway single mothers with violent trolley tendencies, having to Q for 6 years at the check out, and best of all ,NOT having to look at the miserable totally ****** off and rude check out staff!!!!!!

Originally posted by goldenfleece

easy solution to all users..SHOP ONLINE with Tesco, you get FREE DELIVERY and its so much less hassle and ramming cars in car parks, ramming pensioners with slow trolleys, getting rammed by runaway single mothers with violent trolley tendencies, having to Q for 6 years at the check out, and best of all ,NOT having to look at the miserable totally ****** off and rude check out staff!!!!!!

Which Tesco? The staff at Abbeydale are all very nice indeed. That's one of the reasons I continue to trek up there, as they are always helpful and polite - unlike waitrose.... The only nasty one they ever had was a trainee manager about 8 years ago who was a little H*tler with customers.

Their online delivery service is a bit hit and miss though. :(