Sign in to follow this  

The Abu Hamza deportation thread

I wonder whether so much of the hatred shown towards this gentleman is just a result of the media's portrayal of him- always looking like a pantomime villain with his hook in the picture. Poor guy hasnt actually killed anybody (well he might have done as a soldier in the Bosnian war but thats allowed) but he's treated with more contempt than a paedophile child killer.

Cut him some slack.

He may (or may not) have committed any atrocities or killings himself, but as I understand it, he has been found guilty of inciting others to do so, which is as bad as doing it himself.

Such acts cannot and should not be tolerated, whether such evil comes from someone on the Islamic side or the National-front-type side.

yes and no.

You will no doubt be asked to qualify this statement as an accusation of you being an apologist.

It's surely more about us being humane, and treating them humanely, despite their inhumanity, isn't it? Not stooping to their levels of depravity or evil.

Oh, so and so in Such-a-stan did this... Ah, so that makes it okay for us to wade into Such-a-stan and do ~~~ to them, then?

I'm not concerned with such niceties, as far as I'm concerned he's a threat to the lives of innocent Britons, most likely responsible for the death of innocent Britons, so either strung up or kept in a hole and fed dung is fine by me.

If such methods are 'inhumane', what would you have done with him?

He may (or may not) have committed any atrocities or killings himself, but as I understand it, he has been found guilty of inciting others to do so, which is as bad as doing it himself.

It's not really though- is it?

It's not really though- is it?

It could be argued as worse if not more so.

There are very vulnerable people out there ready to be plucked by this idiot and conditioned. Without the conditioning most of the terrorists wouldn't get past getting out of bed. It doesn't excuse them but it doesn't excuse Hamza either.

This man has cost the tax-payer millions.I hope the US put him in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.......Unless he converts to Christianity. haha!

Abu Qatada's audience was never British, he had no influence in UK and he is a threat to no one apart from the brutal tyrants clinging to power in the Middle East

He is entitled to one further appeal.

I bet he wins it.

Clealry its a diversion from our domestic woes. When in trouble pick out a bearded fellow and make him a monster in full color on the front page-It usaly works but the public's wising up and getting jaded.

Oh stop mincing with words, it's a hell of a fine line between excusing and apologising, especially when you use the term "In my mind an apologist would be someone who can always find reason"... therefore excusing??

Your accusation post seems to have been removed, but based on the original reply "yes and no" can you tell us all why the poster is an apologist? Do you interpret "no" as an apology? You also seemed to ignore the other "yes" part of the answer..why? Because you assumed the "yes" part just happened to compliment your own frothy simple way of thinking?

The author of the post in question seems capable in other threads of excusing the inexcusable. Others on this thread have intimated the same. I'm not mincing with words, just answering every question you have put to me. Now I'd appreciate the courtesy of you doing the same.

The author of the post in question seems capable in other threads of excusing the inexcusable. Others on this thread have intimated the same. I'm not mincing with words, just answering every question you have put to me. Now I'd appreciate the courtesy of you doing the same.

Don't hold your breath...