Pregnant woman in racist gang attack gets let off

Children should never be taken into account when it comes to sentencing, imo. I do not see why kids should be used as a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

It's also discriminatory to those who commit similar crimes but are jailed because they don't have the convenience of children, imo.

Still waiting for response... instead, you come out with comments like this :roll:

I have been persuaded that your position like mine is fixed and I can devote no more time to the discussion.In addition I have been down the market to run a few errands_Saturdays offer a rare chance to escape.

Children should never be taken into account when it comes to sentencing, imo. I do not see why kids should be used as a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

It's also discriminatory to those who commit similar crimes but are jailed because they don't have the convenience of children, imo.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination,as judges must decide each case on its given circumstances.Thats why judges run the show not a lay person blind to the wider implications of sentencing.

Of course they should, otherwise you are guilty of punishing innocent children for crimes they had no part in.

Of course, there's an inevitability about this for more serious crimes, but to suggest that they should never be taken into account is vindictive, cruel and hateful to children.

Of course they should, otherwise you are guilty of punishing innocent children for crimes they had no part in.

Of course, there's an inevitability about this for more serious crimes, but to suggest that they should never be taken into account is vindictive, cruel and hateful to children.

Think about it.

'Not taking into account' is hardly 'vindictive, cruel and hateful'. Unless you just like exaggerating what other people have said and being a little drama queen, of course.

It doesn't punish the children, if anything it is highly beneficial to them as it teaches them a valuable life lesson that such wrong doing is punishable by going to prison.

The day trips out to see mum or dad in jail will be an adventure for them.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination,as judges must decide each case on its given circumstances.Thats why judges run the show not a lay person blind to the wider implications of sentencing.

So you are saying people without children should be treated more harshly? What happened to all being equal under the law?

So you are saying people without children should be treated more harshly? What happened to all being equal under the law?

I suppose that is the logical cololary of my assertion-it is called using your discretion and initiative,rather than acting as a robot.

It doesn't punish the children, if anything it is highly beneficial to them as it teaches them a valuable life lesson that such wrong doing is punishable by going to prison.

The day trips out to see mum or dad in jail will be an adventure for them.

Your enthusiasm for the trips out must be some attempt to recapture your childhood.Our family opted for the seaside,not HMP Armley.