Pregnant woman in racist gang attack gets let off

I actually indicated the violent response was either physical or verbal,and the reply you made one mentioned the physical option,which I took to be a Freudian slip.I expected an apology because you have acted intemperately but if you consider this booth acceptable and conventional I am expecting too much.

"cold, hard slap of reality", meaning prison. There was no violence implied in my post, either verbal or physical.

When someone says "you need a wake up call" do you set your alarm clock? I'll bet you do...

"cold, hard slap of reality", meaning prison. There was no violence implied in my post, either verbal or physical.

When someone says "you need a wake up call" do you set your alarm clock? I'll bet you do...

I really find it hard to see a cold hard slap of reality as anything other than a phrase with violent undertones,and I do understand the various uses of metaphors,similes and other figures of speech.I note your comment are verging on the offensive but please feel free to maintain your invective as it makes no odds to me and only serves to verify my earlier assertions.

I would agree that she is a questionable mother but neither you or I can sentence her to a dose of sterility.Anyone entering a court answering to the name Agent Orange would not gain the adequate level required.

Questionable? There's no question about it. She's clearly an unfit mother, judging by this incident and the 20 odd previous episodes with the law.

I really find it hard to see a cold hard slap of reality as anything other than a phrase with violent undertones,and I do understand the various uses of metaphors,similes and other figures of speech.I note your comment are verging on the offensive but please feel free to maintain your invective as it makes no odds to me and only serves to verify my earlier assertions.

Well then please explain how you would give someone a cold hard slap of reality... would you punch them in their brain? I believe now that your argument has broken down you're being deliberately dense.

Questionable? There's no question about it. She's clearly an unfit mother, judging by this incident and the 20 odd previous episodes with the law.

So you would sterilise?

Well then please explain how you would give someone a cold hard slap of reality... would you punch them in their brain? I believe now that your argument has broken down you're being deliberately dense.

I would not use those words,as it was you who made this opinion.I dont expect to win my argument with you as you hold different standards,and advocate different solutions.I do think this woman is completely wrong but I think the solution is more complex than the strategies you suggest.I have watched the footage and what most appalls me is the high number of people who walked past doing nothing.Are you one of those who talks big on the forum but chooses the safer option in the real world?

So you would sterilise?

I certainly would have expected, in this case, for her children to be taken from her.

Personally, no. How do you think this person should have been dealt with?

I certainly would have expected, in this case, for her children to be taken from her.

Personally, no. How do you think this person should have been dealt with?

Permanently or temporarily?

I would not use those words,as it was you who made this opinion.I dont expect to win my argument with you as you hold different standards,and advocate different solutions.I do think this woman is completely wrong but I think the solution is more complex than the strategies you suggest.I have watched the footage and what most appalls me is the high number of people who walked past doing nothing.Are you one of those who talks big on the forum but chooses the safer option in the real world?

Complex in what way?

I'm sorry honey, but where exactly is this "big talk"? I haven't used any threatening language in any of my posts.

You have been creating an argument with me over my opinion that this woman is a bad mother and should not have any more kids, that she is violent and unstable and shouldn't keep getting away with it. You've picked on the way I've worded these opinions and now that you're losing the argument (as you have no actual point), you're trying a new tack and accusing me of being a keyboard warrior, even though I haven't said anything threatening or provocative, nor anything that I wouldn't say in real life.

Stop defending this woman and pouncing on anyone who expresses a negative opinion of her. Why would you even want to defend her?

Permanently or temporarily?

Yes, both, as you mention it. Prison would be a temporary solution, however, longer term, how does society deal with someone like this woman.

You are deemed capable of judging whether or not this person is a fit mother?I think you are wriggling rather than owning up and making an apology.I did not accuse you of physical violence though I note you are denying it.

While Halibut is tying himself up in knots of angst about how 'damaged' she is so we should be nice and not send her to prison one might question exactly why she is so 'damaged' in the first place.

I would hazard a guess she's probably like this because she was dragged up rather than brought up by a disinterested parent who was more interested in their own wants and needs than in the welfare of their child. And judging from her own behaviouir she is passing exactly the same type of childhood onto her own children if she's off her face drunk in charge of them and is regularly being convicted of violent offences.

Jesus Christ, I would even question why someone who is regularly that violent is allowed to be in charge of children but when you factor in the drinking it's terrible. Those poor children must be terrified, they're in the charge of a drunk and regularly experience violence. At best they're going to grow up into an identikit nasty little drunk thug like their mother, at worst they're going to end up dead from neglect because she's too ****faced to look after them. In the news this week was the death by drowning of a toddler being looked after by a drunk, it's easy to imagine the same happening here.

Honestly, I hope you're a troll sometimes because otherwise you're a disgrace. Hopefully in 16 years time we won't have to read Hailbut wringing his hands over how 'damaged' one ofher poor children is when they've murdered someone but I'm not holding my breath.