The Comet in administration thread

the purchase was made on 30th october

the company went into administration on 2nd november

there was nothing in the news about comet going bust until 22.00 on 1st november there was rumours that they would but the new owners of comet denied it check your facts

Wind your neck in narky sod, im not havin a pop, im just sayin its normal to buy something then get it delivered later. I did feel a bit sorry for you over your problem, but there you go.

thankyou everyone who have made constructive remarks i have taken your views onboard some have been helpful. some silly and a few rude

if anyone else has a view please dont reply although its good of you but its not necessary thanks again:rant:

Edited by musicmaxbiz

abuse is this your answer you obviously did not read all the previous comments before you made yours otherwise you would have seen why i was in a mood please keep your offensive remark to yourself

Oh well, in that case I will be a little clearer. Ive seen on the news about how many people have lost money due to the recent collapse of the retail giant Comet, and how sad this must be for them, especially at this time of year. Its always the little man who suffers, and although it may be possible for some customers to obtain refunds later down the line, this wont help the people who need help now. My point was that us "little" people DO trust these big companies to honour our purchases, and its no surprise that you would buy something, pay for it, then expect the goods in return, that is pretty normal. However with Sheffield Forum, people post their problems and others reply with opinions that are relevant, and yet the replies are often met with criticism, and quotes like "check your facts" etc.

Its the forum. If you dont like what others think, dont post.

Wind your neck in narky sod, im not havin a pop, im just sayin its normal to buy something then get it delivered later. I did feel a bit sorry for you over your problem, but there you go.

abuse this is your answer if you had read all the previous posts you would realise

as you say "narky sod" why :rant:

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 23:41 ----------

Oh well, in that case I will be a little clearer. Ive seen on the news about how many people have lost money due to the recent collapse of the retail giant Comet, and how sad this must be for them, especially at this time of year. Its always the little man who suffers, and although it may be possible for some customers to obtain refunds later down the line, this wont help the people who need help now. My point was that us "little" people DO trust these big companies to honour our purchases, and its no surprise that you would buy something, pay for it, then expect the goods in return, that is pretty normal. However with Sheffield Forum, people post their problems and others reply with opinions that are relevant, and yet the replies are often met with criticism, and quotes like "check your facts" etc.

Its the forum. If you dont like what others think, dont post.

i take what you say on board but the last point should read dont comment

now whos the narky sod lol try apologising for calling someone daft and a narky sod you arse

Edited by musicmaxbiz

abuse this is your answer if you had read all the previous posts you would realise

as you say "narky sod" why :rant:

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 23:41 ----------

i take what you say on board but the last point should read dont comment

now whos the narky sod lol

agreed. I am narky, according to the missus anyway;)

thankyou everyone who have made constructive remarks i have taken your views onboard some have been helpful. some silly and a few rude

if anyone else has a view please dont reply although its good of you but its not necessary thanks again:rant:

Unfortunately when it comes to getting your money back from Comet you come pretty low in the pecking order. If however the company are shown to have been trading whilst insolvent the directors can become personally liable.

It's a long shot but it is perhaps your only shot.