Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

Hopefully religion can be wiped out in a few generations when parents cannot brainwash their children as much because of the information available to them.

People blindly following books written by man without an ounce of proof of any existence of any higher form of being is just ludicrous and verging on idiocy in this day and age.

There are more stars and planets in the sky than grains of sand on earth.Trillions upon trillions of them and some believe we tiny little molecules have a man in the sky who made it all for us.

I was watching some news coverage of some terrorists getting shot in Syria.The stupid idiots actually believe it is allah`s will that he was shot.

Over 60 Billion people have walked the earth.How big would a heaven need to be and how many virgins are going to be needed!!

Not many since their isn`t one.

The 72 virgins thing has always tickled me. Where will these 'virgins' come from? Will they be the souls of dead human virgins? Is an eternity of compulsory sex-on-demand with Muslim men the reward for virtuous female Muslim virgins?

As it turns out, the virgins may be the mistranslation of 'raisins' (of all things!). From a 2002 article by Ibn Warraq about the Christoph Luxenburg research I mentioned in my previous post: "Luxenberg tries to show that many obscurities of the Koran disappear if we read certain words as being Syriac and not Arabic. Luxenberg 's new analysis... yields "white raisins" of "crystal clarity" rather than doe-eyed, and ever willing virgins - the houris. Luxenberg claims that the context makes it clear that it is food and drink that is being offerred, and not unsullied maidens or houris".

but the concept of Monotheism, as set out from the time of Abraham (Ibrahim) That there is only the one God, is continuous, and can be traced through the messages of the prophets from that time to the present day. (Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus, Mohammed)

If you examine the three monotheistic religions, you can see the pattern, that the Messages brought by the prophets over history, are the same, That God is one, and that He is calling mankind to believe in Him.

Whether the individual hears the call, and more to the point, whether the individual responds to the message is up to the individual. The individual weighs the evidence, for themselves, and decides whether or not it is for them.

I was just wondering which

three monotheistic religions are you referring , good post thou

but the concept of Monotheism, as set out from the time of Abraham (Ibrahim) That there is only the one God, is continuous, and can be traced through the messages of the prophets from that time to the present day. (Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus, Mohammed)

If you examine the three monotheistic religions, you can see the pattern, that the Messages brought by the prophets over history, are the same, That God is one, and that He is calling mankind to believe in Him.

Whether the individual hears the call, and more to the point, whether the individual responds to the message is up to the individual. The individual weighs the evidence, for themselves, and decides whether or not it is for them.

Hmmm. Except that Moses and Abraham are mythical. The jury is still out on David, Jesus and Mohammed. There may have been real historical figures on who the stories are very loosely based, or or they may also be completely mythical.

Come on guys we are drifting away from the topic. We can start many new topics from my post but let's stay with the original question.

It's ok saying no it doesn't mention Mohammed in the bible but please give me a full meaning to verses I Have quoted. Or I will get you the meaning. I would like the viewpoints of learned people in the bible 1st.

Thank you,

Mohammed

I apologise if I cover ground already covered in this as I haven't read the full thread.

The difficulty you have with this is that the meaning will vary depending on the reader - they can give you a full meaning without you agreeing with that meaning, it might not make sense to you - but as long as it does to them it is valid.

If you take it further and ask for evidence then you are all in the same boat - you can't really supply 'evidence' that any of the readings are correct because the texts themselves don't have a conclusive, universally decided meaning.

Unless you can provide scientifically verifiable evidence to support your claim you are stood on no more solid ground that those who have other interpretations - the Bible is terrible as a religious text - there simply is no universal understanding - I can think of no other religious text that is so widely interpreted as this, even most misenterpretations of other texts are through people adding or neglecting bits to suit themselves.

I'm not saying you're wrong for having the interpretation that you have - that's entirely up to you - but from an evidence perspective the answer to the question 'does the Bible mention Mohammed' the answer is a catergorical no.

It's not for you to ask other people to give you a full meaning of the verses you have quoted but for you to provide the evidence for the claim that the verse does refer to Mohammed.

I feel sorry for the female suicide bombers, they arrive in heaven where 72 male virgins await them. 72 erections and no idea what to do with em.

The 72 virgins thing has always tickled me. Where will these 'virgins' come from? Will they be the souls of dead human virgins? Is an eternity of compulsory sex-on-demand with Muslim men the reward for virtuous female Muslim virgins?

As it turns out, the virgins may be the mistranslation of 'raisins' (of all things!). From a 2002 article by Ibn Warraq about the Christoph Luxenburg research I mentioned in my previous post: "Luxenberg tries to show that many obscurities of the Koran disappear if we read certain words as being Syriac and not Arabic. Luxenberg 's new analysis... yields "white raisins" of "crystal clarity" rather than doe-eyed, and ever willing virgins - the houris. Luxenberg claims that the context makes it clear that it is food and drink that is being offerred, and not unsullied maidens or houris".

You see a pattern, the entire non-abrahamic world sees obvious plagiarism. Of course there's a pattern because they are all derivative and written by men.

1. It could be 72 raisins (see a previous post)

2. Virgins are anyone returned unopened, could be old, young, male or female

Would you risk your life for a raisin or ageing aunt? These suicide bombers do like to gamble, don't they?

Again were moving away from the topic.. is does not teach any of these stupid ideas your referring too..

Thanks you PALIRICHARD. I BELIEVE IT IS from the book by Ahmed deedat. It makes so.much sense. Btw he was a ex Christian preacher then her became Muslim...here is a link to his work:

http://www.institutealislam.com/what-does-the-bible-say-about-muhammad-by-sheikh-ahmed-deedat/

When interpreting the Bible (both Old and New Testaments), perhaps the most important fact to bear in mind is that the people who wrote it were sandwiched between powerful empires (Egypt, Babylonia, later the Romans) and were subjected to persecution and slavery from either one or the other, hence the yearning for a "Messiah" who would come along and free them from their plight.