Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

Yeah but that's just god's middle man saying that one, my quote is from the big guy himself.

Given that you are an atheist/agnostic/ignostic/anti-theist/non-theist/pastafarian (delete as applicable) you're discredting that pronouncement rather than giving credence to it.

Unless you genuinely believe it's good advice?

Whatever your views on God, if we all followed Jesus' teachings a little more closely, the world would be a better place.

Some people, of course, will reject his ideas because they don't believe in God. Their loss, and ours.

Given that you are an atheist/agnostic/ignostic/anti-theist/non-theist/pastafarian (delete as applicable) you're discredting that pronouncement rather than giving credence to it.

Unless you genuinely believe it's good advice?

Whatever your views on God, if we all followed Jesus' teachings a little more closely, the world would be a better place.

Some people, of course, will reject his ideas because they don't believe in God. Their loss, and ours.

Excellent post.

Yeah but that's just god's middle man saying that one, my quote is from the big guy himself.

It's all the hear'say of god's middle men isn't it?

I think hear'say is the name of some execrable talent show winners.

Hearsay is the word you are looking for.

I think hear'say is the name of some execrable talent show winners.

Hearsay is the word you are looking for.

Lol thanks.

I think the people who wrote the bible and koran and other holy books were the JK Rowling's and Tolkien's of their day.

I am sure there are many learned Christians that know the bible better then me.

I believe the following verses are referring to Mohammed:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him". Deuteronomy 18.18

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7

"The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren - him you shall heed - just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die' ". Deuteronomy 18.15-16.

When the people saw the sign which he had done, they said, 'This is indeed the prophet who is to come into the world'. John 6.14

THIS IS A INVITATION TO THE RELIGION OF THE LORD. Islam

Surely all Islamists have to make a profit or their shops will close.

I don't believe it's true, it's also unlikely that a guy named Jesus said exactly that as well, I thought we were just quoting fun bible verses.

Well duh! if everyone was really nice to everyone else, the world would be a better place, who needs a 2000 year old book to figure that out? A six year old could figure that out.

Also what about the nasty stuff Jesus said about how people should turn away from and disregard their families to follow him? No-one ever seems to bring that up.

In any case, we live in the real world, a philosophy that requires every single person to have the same value system in order for it to solve all the world's problems will never work. That's utopianism.

I don't reject his ideas, I just don't need them, I live my life in a perfectly moral way without ever worrying about what some illiterate cult leader who's been dead for 2000 years said.

I don't believe it's true, it's also unlikely that a guy named Jesus said exactly that as well, I thought we were just quoting fun bible verses.

Well duh! if everyone was really nice to everyone else, the world would be a better place, who needs a 2000 year old book to figure that out? A six year old could figure that out.

Also what about the nasty stuff Jesus said about how people should turn away from and disregard their families to follow him? No-one ever seems to bring that up.

In any case, we live in the real world, a philosophy that requires every single person to have the same value system in order for it to solve all the world's problems will never work. That's utopianism.

I don't reject his ideas, I just don't need them, I live my life in a perfectly moral way without ever worrying about what some illiterate cult leader who's been dead for 2000 years said.

"perfectly moral" - I can't wait to hear you elucidate your perfect morals.

"perfectly moral" - I can't wait to hear you elucidate your perfect morals.

My morals are better than Jesus'.

For one thing I will condemn rape and slavery.

The use of the word 'perfectly' was hyperbole btw, to emphasise that my morals that I try to live by are as good as and in some cases better than those Jesus put forward. Did you really think I was calling myself perfect?

Edited by flamingjimmy

"Be nice to people, and treat them in the same manner as you would want to be by them", quisquose 2012.

Hardly original, but I expect to be worshipped in a few hundred years.

Edited by quisquose

Hopefully religion can be wiped out in a few generations when parents cannot brainwash their children as much because of the information available to them.

People blindly following books written by man without an ounce of proof of any existence of any higher form of being is just ludicrous and verging on idiocy in this day and age.

There are more stars and planets in the sky than grains of sand on earth.Trillions upon trillions of them and some believe we tiny little molecules have a man in the sky who made it all for us.

I was watching some news coverage of some terrorists getting shot in Syria.The stupid idiots actually believe it is allah`s will that he was shot.

Over 60 Billion people have walked the earth.How big would a heaven need to be and how many virgins are going to be needed!!

Not many since their isn`t one.

Christianity maybe ,Islam not a prayer until its followers embrace the 21st century.

I am sure there are many learned Christians that know the bible better then me.

I believe the following verses are referring to Mohammed:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him". Deuteronomy 18.18

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7

"The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren - him you shall heed - just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die' ". Deuteronomy 18.15-16.

When the people saw the sign which he had done, they said, 'This is indeed the prophet who is to come into the world'. John 6.14

THIS IS A INVITATION TO THE RELIGION OF THE LORD. Islam

Some regard the quaran as the third book of the bible.

No need to deny anything then, and we can all be friends :)