Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

I am sure there are many learned Christians that know the bible better then me.

I believe the following verses are referring to Mohammed:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him". Deuteronomy 18.18

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7

"The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren - him you shall heed - just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die' ". Deuteronomy 18.15-16.

When the people saw the sign which he had done, they said, 'This is indeed the prophet who is to come into the world'. John 6.14

THIS IS A INVITATION TO THE RELIGION OF THE LORD. Islam

No, there's no mention of him. Moslems might interpret its text as referring to him but that's all.

No it's not.

It is a reading of the Bible based on your own interpretation of it from your own spiritual viewpoint.

I was told not so long ago by a Christian that this verse meant something specific (I can't remember what it was, some prophesy regarding the holy spirit I think), I actually used the Islamic interpretation to show him that you can read what you want into it.

The Bible, of all the worlds religious texts, is probably the only one that can be interpreted by so many people in so many ways, all the others can be added to/subtracted from or selectively used to demonstrate specific political/philosophical viewpoints, but the Bible is the only one where you can take a verse and apply just about any context you like to it and it not be taken out of its own context.

In short, the Bible does not mention Mohammad specifically enough to show conclusively that this is who it is about, the 'proof' depends entirely on the pre existing prejudice of the reader.

Plus the first and third texts in post #1 are but translations from the original Hebrew- and a lot can be lost in translation.

I think it's just as likely those passages were referring to L Ron Hubbard or David Icke.

The ancient books are rather like Old Moor's Almanac and Nostradamus. They are written for the terminally gullible who will latch onto any vague load of mumbo jumbo to claim it predicted the space shuttle and moon landings. They then brain wash their offspring with the same truths and so it continues.

When the people saw the sign which he had done, they said, 'This is indeed the prophet who is to come into the world'. John 6.14

THIS IS A INVITATION TO THE RELIGION OF THE LORD. Islam

The OP seems like a fairly blatant attempt at trolling. To take the easiest example; John 6:14 plainly refers to Jesus, because it is written at the end of the account of the feeding of the five thousand. The people quoted in the story have just witnessed the miracle and subsequently concluded that Jesus is the messsiah.

The OP seems like a fairly blatant attempt at trolling. To take the easiest example; John 6:14 plainly refers to Jesus, because it is written at the end of the account of the feeding of the five thousand. The people quoted in the story have just witnessed the miracle and subsequently concluded that Jesus is the messsiah.

You're quite right.

The Bible, of all the worlds religious texts, is probably the only one that can be interpreted by so many people in so many ways, all the others can be added to/subtracted from or selectively used to demonstrate specific political/philosophical viewpoints

Considering that this has provided me with a decent living for the past 15 years, it's something I'm very grateful for. :cool:

I stopped reading Bronze Age fairy stories when I got to that bit that says "Suffer ye not a witch to live"

Considering that this has provided me with a decent living for the past 15 years, it's something I'm very grateful for. :cool:

Come on guys we are drifting away from the topic. We can start many new topics from my post but let's stay with the original question.

It's ok saying no it doesn't mention Mohammed in the bible but please give me a full meaning to verses I Have quoted. Or I will get you the meaning. I would like the viewpoints of learned people in the bible 1st.

Thank you,

Mohammed

I doubt it mentions Him at all.... The Bible was written as history for Jewish people not as a psychic view of the future

Still a shocking book full of hate though