Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

You will never find so many versions of the Quran

You most certainly will. There are numerous versions of the Quran.

I believes in the bible fully more then perhaps you

More fool you then, because it's mostly myth or nonsense.

The bible am referring to is the one that was reveled to Jesus, in its original form not changed.

The bible wasn't revealed to Jesus - it has nothing to do with him. The New Testament was compiled after his death, and organised and edited by a church built on the foundations of the Roman Empire.

If you examine the three monotheistic religions, you can see the pattern, that the Messages brought by the prophets over history, are the same, That God is one, and that He is calling mankind to believe in Him.

Whether the individual hears the call, and more to the point, whether the individual responds to the message is up to the individual.

In every monotheistic religion aswell, God has a whole mountain of punishment ready for those who don't "hear his call".

"I am your God, love me, or I will cast you into eternal fire". A lovely God - no doubt. :)

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

You most certainly will. There are numerous versions of the Quran.

More fool you then, because it's mostly myth or nonsense.

The bible wasn't revealed to Jesus - it has nothing to do with him. The New Testament was compiled after his death, and organised and edited by a church built on the foundations of the Roman Empire.

can I correct you, Chris?

there are a number of interpretations of the Qur'an, I will concede that, as there have been a number of people who have tried to translate it into English. The translators have used slightly different languages, and idioms to interpret the meaning of the text. It's not easy, as there are nuances of language, and colloquialisms, quite outside the difficulties of some words not having a precise parallel in another language.

The actual words, in Arabic are the same, the only difference between the ancient Quranical texts and the ones in use today, are that in the early days, Arabic was written without the vowels (the little ticks and swirls above or below the letters, in Arabic). These swirls were put in to differentiate and clarify the words.

eg, in English, we could write something without its vowels, such as "bt". now, without the vowels, what is that word, "bt"? It could be

"Bat"

"Bet"

"Bit"

"Bot"

"But,

"Boat"

"beat"

"Beet"

"Bout"

or "Boot"

can I correct you, Chris?

You can certainly try. ;)

there are a number of interpretations of the Qur'an, I will concede that, as there have been a number of people who have tried to translate it into English.

There have been around seven versions of it into Arabic alone, as the script it was written in was not yet codified. There is not one Quran "as Allah dictated it" - as popular sentiment would have us believe.

The actual words, in Arabic are the same, the only difference between the ancient Quranical texts [...] Arabic was written without the vowels

Sounds like the perfect word of Allah. You've sold it to me. :)

"bt"? It could be

"Bat" "Bet" "Bit" "Bot" "But, "Boat" "beat" "Beet" "Bout" or "Boot"

Praise be upon him, who couldn't find a better language to give us his perfect word.

:)

I totally agree with you. However the original texts of the Quran. Are still there and have not been changed, removed, added etc etc.

Muslims believe the new testament was revealed to Jesus and many Christians also did. However nowhere in the bible is their mention of Christ till like you said hundreds of years later people changed, moved and edited. I am.not talking about translating. You cannon find the original context of the new testament. I also believe in the revelation to Jesus otherwise I wouldnth be a Muslim like.wise the old testiment that was revealed to Moses.

Old testament and scriptures prophised to the followers of Moses of prophets to.come after me and also Jesus mention but Jews rejected this.

Likewise Christians in the revelation bought to Jesus prophesied the coming of a messenger and prophet after me Mohammed. However Christians are rejecting this. If we look at all the faiths main principles and teachings they are the same. Prophets come to guide people back to the lord and warn of the dangers of not doing so. Mohammed was the last prophet he said follow my ways and the miracle the Quran. I can go on about the Quran indepth and the miracles. The sciences. The prophecies. Etc etc

I'll do you a deal. I'll help you with your Christianity. I'll tell you where it's wrong.

Muslims believe the new testament was revealed to Jesus

It wasn't.

However nowhere in the bible is their mention of Christ till like you said hundreds of years later people changed, moved and edited.

Christ is mentioned in the New Testament. He features quite heavily.

I am.not talking about translating.

Neither am I, that's a whole other kettle of fish. Yet to quote a Texas senator - "if English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for the children of Texas". ;)

You cannon find the original context of the new testament.

It's a whole group of seperate writings. I don't understand what "context" you mean.

I also believe in the revelation to Jesus

He never had a revelation.

Do you believe he was the son of God? That he was divine?

like.wise the old testiment that was revealed to Moses.

The Old Testament wasn't revelaed to Moses.

The rest of your writing is verging on gibberish.

Where is the proof? All religion is bunkum. There is better evidence for the existence of fairies.

Hopefully religion can be wiped out in a few generations when parents cannot brainwash their children as much because of the information available to them.

People blindly following books written by man without an ounce of proof of any existence of any higher form of being is just ludicrous and verging on idiocy in this day and age.

There are more stars and planets in the sky than grains of sand on earth.Trillions upon trillions of them and some believe we tiny little molecules have a man in the sky who made it all for us.

I was watching some news coverage of some terrorists getting shot in Syria.The stupid idiots actually believe it is allah`s will that he was shot.

Over 60 Billion people have walked the earth.How big would a heaven need to be and how many virgins are going to be needed!!

Not many since their isn`t one.

I totally agree with you. However the original texts of the Quran. Are still there and have not been changed, removed, added etc etc.

Muslims believe the new testament was revealed to Jesus and many Christians also did. However nowhere in the bible is their mention of Christ till like you said hundreds of years later people changed, moved and edited. I am.not talking about translating. You cannon find the original context of the new testament. I also believe in the revelation to Jesus otherwise I wouldnth be a Muslim like.wise the old testiment that was revealed to Moses.

Old testament and scriptures prophised to the followers of Moses of prophets to.come after me and also Jesus mention but Jews rejected this.

Likewise Christians in the revelation bought to Jesus prophesied the coming of a messenger and prophet after me Mohammed. However Christians are rejecting this. If we look at all the faiths main principles and teachings they are the same. Prophets come to guide people back to the lord and warn of the dangers of not doing so. Mohammed was the last prophet he said follow my ways and the miracle the Quran. I can go on about the Quran indepth and the miracles. The sciences. The prophecies. Etc etc

You've never read the Bible, have you. I have and I'm an atheist!

The Torah/Old Testament is a collection of Jewish myth, with a sprinkling of history here and there. Modern, Israeli-led archeology comprehensively refutes any claim that much of what is 'revealed' in the Torah ever actually happened. Key figures like Moses and Abraham are mythical.

The New Testament is a collection of stories about Yeshua (aka Jesus) and his followers, written decades after Yeshua is said to have died. The New Testament was not 'revealed' to Yeshua; it's largely about him. Biblical scholars have conclusively established the provenance of most New Testament; a lot of the books it contains were not written by the people to whom they are traditionally attributed. For example, it's well known now that the gospels of Matthew, Mark Luke and John were not written by Matthew, Mark Luke or John and some of the letters attributed to Paul were not written by him.

The Koran was written centuries afterwards, and seems to have been based on Syro-Aramaic sources. A textual scholar, Christoph Luxenburg, has written extensively on this theme. He argues that the Koran is based on earlier Syrian Christian texts, and that it was the work of several generations to adapt these texts into the Koran we know today.

Textual analysis of Christian scriptures required access to, and comparison of, as many early christian texts as possible. The various Islamic institutions that hold the early copies of the Koran are generally extremely reluctant to allow similar analysis, which has held back the field of serious scholarly investigation of the Koran's provenance. Despite this, people like Luxenburg continue to make slow progress. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the Muslim world remains ignorant of the actual origin of the texts they venerate.

Most christians are in the same position, to be fair. How many 'true believers' know any of the above? Trainee priests are taught all of this - and more - in christian seminaries around the world. How many of them share it with their congregations? At least Muslim clerics have the excuse of ignorance.

Edited by EbonyBranch
typos