Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

The OP has the same name as Mohammed, and appears to have a photo of himself looking like Mohammed.

I'm a bit puzzled why this is not considered idolatry.

:huh:

It's ok for people, just not fluffy cuddly teddy bears. :)

EDIT: or pigs.

Edited by SevenRivers

Tell me what's meant by "this is a prophet to come onto the world" am I missing something here...wasn't Jesus Son of god if he wasn't he was present.

Let me quote it again... " a prophet to come" FUTURE I.E A PROPHECY..

Doesn’t the bible also talk about false prophets? So it’s just as likely that Mohammad was a false profit.

Come on guys we are drifting away from the topic. We can start many new topics from my post but let's stay with the original question.

It's ok saying no it doesn't mention Mohammed in the bible but please give me a full meaning to verses I Have quoted. Or I will get you the meaning. I would like the viewpoints of learned people in the bible 1st.

Thank you,

Mohammed

Why do you think that it is important? Dont you think its more important for a young man like you to see what good you can to in the here and now rather than trying to interpret the irrelevances of a thousand years ago?

The bible is older than islam

Just goes to show that rubbish is timeless.

Why do you think that it is important? Dont you think its more important for a young man like you to see what good you can to in the here and now rather than trying to interpret the irrelevances of a thousand years ago?

Absolutely am living my life to the full and worshiping my lord as Jesus, Moses , Abraham and Mohammed thought..

But by following the prophets I am living a better life. I live a honest and peacefully life and am continuing to learn everyday. The world is my oyster and I am exploring it and learning my surrounding however am not getting to comfortable. Because my final destiny is the grave and am living for the hereafter.

The bible is older than islam

but the concept of Monotheism, as set out from the time of Abraham (Ibrahim) That there is only the one God, is continuous, and can be traced through the messages of the prophets from that time to the present day. (Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus, Mohammed)

If you examine the three monotheistic religions, you can see the pattern, that the Messages brought by the prophets over history, are the same, That God is one, and that He is calling mankind to believe in Him.

Whether the individual hears the call, and more to the point, whether the individual responds to the message is up to the individual. The individual weighs the evidence, for themselves, and decides whether or not it is for them.

You will never find so many versions of the Quran

You most certainly will. There are numerous versions of the Quran.

I believes in the bible fully more then perhaps you

More fool you then, because it's mostly myth or nonsense.

The bible am referring to is the one that was reveled to Jesus, in its original form not changed.

The bible wasn't revealed to Jesus - it has nothing to do with him. The New Testament was compiled after his death, and organised and edited by a church built on the foundations of the Roman Empire.

If you examine the three monotheistic religions, you can see the pattern, that the Messages brought by the prophets over history, are the same, That God is one, and that He is calling mankind to believe in Him.

Whether the individual hears the call, and more to the point, whether the individual responds to the message is up to the individual.

In every monotheistic religion aswell, God has a whole mountain of punishment ready for those who don't "hear his call".

"I am your God, love me, or I will cast you into eternal fire". A lovely God - no doubt. :)

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

You most certainly will. There are numerous versions of the Quran.

More fool you then, because it's mostly myth or nonsense.

The bible wasn't revealed to Jesus - it has nothing to do with him. The New Testament was compiled after his death, and organised and edited by a church built on the foundations of the Roman Empire.

can I correct you, Chris?

there are a number of interpretations of the Qur'an, I will concede that, as there have been a number of people who have tried to translate it into English. The translators have used slightly different languages, and idioms to interpret the meaning of the text. It's not easy, as there are nuances of language, and colloquialisms, quite outside the difficulties of some words not having a precise parallel in another language.

The actual words, in Arabic are the same, the only difference between the ancient Quranical texts and the ones in use today, are that in the early days, Arabic was written without the vowels (the little ticks and swirls above or below the letters, in Arabic). These swirls were put in to differentiate and clarify the words.

eg, in English, we could write something without its vowels, such as "bt". now, without the vowels, what is that word, "bt"? It could be

"Bat"

"Bet"

"Bit"

"Bot"

"But,

"Boat"

"beat"

"Beet"

"Bout"

or "Boot"

can I correct you, Chris?

You can certainly try. ;)

there are a number of interpretations of the Qur'an, I will concede that, as there have been a number of people who have tried to translate it into English.

There have been around seven versions of it into Arabic alone, as the script it was written in was not yet codified. There is not one Quran "as Allah dictated it" - as popular sentiment would have us believe.

The actual words, in Arabic are the same, the only difference between the ancient Quranical texts [...] Arabic was written without the vowels

Sounds like the perfect word of Allah. You've sold it to me. :)

"bt"? It could be

"Bat" "Bet" "Bit" "Bot" "But, "Boat" "beat" "Beet" "Bout" or "Boot"

Praise be upon him, who couldn't find a better language to give us his perfect word.

:)

I totally agree with you. However the original texts of the Quran. Are still there and have not been changed, removed, added etc etc.

Muslims believe the new testament was revealed to Jesus and many Christians also did. However nowhere in the bible is their mention of Christ till like you said hundreds of years later people changed, moved and edited. I am.not talking about translating. You cannon find the original context of the new testament. I also believe in the revelation to Jesus otherwise I wouldnth be a Muslim like.wise the old testiment that was revealed to Moses.

Old testament and scriptures prophised to the followers of Moses of prophets to.come after me and also Jesus mention but Jews rejected this.

Likewise Christians in the revelation bought to Jesus prophesied the coming of a messenger and prophet after me Mohammed. However Christians are rejecting this. If we look at all the faiths main principles and teachings they are the same. Prophets come to guide people back to the lord and warn of the dangers of not doing so. Mohammed was the last prophet he said follow my ways and the miracle the Quran. I can go on about the Quran indepth and the miracles. The sciences. The prophecies. Etc etc

I'll do you a deal. I'll help you with your Christianity. I'll tell you where it's wrong.

Muslims believe the new testament was revealed to Jesus

It wasn't.

However nowhere in the bible is their mention of Christ till like you said hundreds of years later people changed, moved and edited.

Christ is mentioned in the New Testament. He features quite heavily.

I am.not talking about translating.

Neither am I, that's a whole other kettle of fish. Yet to quote a Texas senator - "if English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for the children of Texas". ;)

You cannon find the original context of the new testament.

It's a whole group of seperate writings. I don't understand what "context" you mean.

I also believe in the revelation to Jesus

He never had a revelation.

Do you believe he was the son of God? That he was divine?

like.wise the old testiment that was revealed to Moses.

The Old Testament wasn't revelaed to Moses.

The rest of your writing is verging on gibberish.