George Osbourne has to pay to upgrade ticket (according to Virgin Trains)

Oooh very clever. Big man eh?

Yes of course I am a tory. It was hardly difficult.

and that means what.....

Does my deduction of the facts and my opinion suddenly not count? Does my personal experience of doing exactly the same thing as George did suddenly become irrelevant?

clip clop back under your red rose "pleb".

of course, its just come to me now. This is Sheffield - god forbid I dare have even a miniscule lean of support to a tory.

That explains it.

Because you do seem to have been coming across as someone who isn't too sure where they are.

Edited by donkey

I have no idea. It doesn't alter the fact that Virgin didn't need to chase him up for the money (according to Virgin). He wasn't caught trying to travel cheaply. According to Virgin (as opposed to nearby journalists with a story to sell), his assistant contacted Virgin staff to pay the difference. Just the same as anyone can. So no story here.

'According to Virgin' who have just been re-instated as contenders for the multi £billion government - you know, that organisation whose fiscal arm is run by George Osbourne - awarded contract to run the West Coast Rail.

What possible motive could they have for supporting the Osbourne's spin doctors version of events?

Edited by donkey

He too good for standard class is he?

I wouldn't even inflict Standard Class on Gordon Brown.

Give us some time Wex, we're just getting warmed up.

Like yesterday's leftovers?

It never ceases to amaze me how frequently people resort to cliches.

Not me, I avoid them like the plague.

Why didn't he pay his way prior to getting on the train?

I have read elsewhere he has done it before bought standard tickets and moved into the first class section. Also according to one report his aide yesterday asked for a free upgrade, who the hell does he think he is to be entitled to a free upgrade. It's always the same these people with lots of money are greedy and want that little bit more for nothing. If the comment about not being able to travel with other people is correct it just shows how the Tories truly believe they are better than the rest of us.

Just how out of touch are the government?

"George Osborne has been forced to pay for an upgrade after sitting in a first class train carriage with a standard class ticket.

An aide to Mr Osborne initially refused to pay the £160 supplement and said the chancellor did not want to move into standard class, Virgin Trains said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20008342

He will just claim it on expenses ,so we will be paying for it anyway .

I have read elsewhere he has done it before bought standard tickets and moved into the first class section. Also according to one report his aide yesterday asked for a free upgrade, who the hell does he think he is to be entitled to a free upgrade. It's always the same these people with lots of money are greedy and want that little bit more for nothing. If the comment about not being able to travel with other people is correct it just shows how the Tories truly believe they are better than the rest of us.

Your comment really illustrates how this country is doomed.

Lets go back to the expenses scandal - people were demanding that MPs should travel standard class and not first. Hence this is what now happens.

He is on a train, in standard class that is rammed. He is naturally not a popular figure, because again the British public have a habit of shouting abuse and being rude to people, so he moves to first where there is space.

He may have asked for a free upgrade, but at the end of the day who is paying for it? Yes it will go on expenses.

A total non-story, reported by someone on 'twitter' who was not even near the carriage and getting hearsay off train staff.

Your comment really illustrates how this country is doomed.

Lets go back to the expenses scandal - people were demanding that MPs should travel standard class and not first. Hence this is what now happens.

He is on a train, in standard class that is rammed. He is naturally not a popular figure, because again the British public have a habit of shouting abuse and being rude to people, so he moves to first where there is space.

He may have asked for a free upgrade, but at the end of the day who is paying for it? Yes it will go on expenses.

A total non-story, reported by someone on 'twitter' who was not even near the carriage and getting hearsay off train staff.

Why didn't he book first class when he originally booked his ticket then?