Brand New Pub/Restaurant at Handsworth - The Sword Dancer

Not been in myself yet but heard it has an indoor and outdoor play area and very child friendly.

We went last week but didn't see the indoor play area, whereabouts is it?? Will have to have a better look round next time as my son was freezing playing outside :|

Really enjoyed it though, made a nice change from The White Rose, will def be going again :)

Is it child friendly?

Yeah, I would say so, there's a kids play area outside, a good kids menu and loads of other people there with kids, my son saw quite a few people from school :)

They were also giving out colouring sheets and balloons :)

It was rammed on opening day. That will be the only time it makes a profit. I would imagine it's closed within 12 months in that location.

I love how so many Hungry Horse employee's are on this thread bigging it up!!!

And I bet imagining made your head hurt, its been rammed most nights so led to believe by sons. Went in last Thursday dinner for butty, and tonight for meal with wife, nice meals.

One thing I will say though is its not really a "pub" in the true sense, its an eating establishment with a bar area, definitely not a place you'd call a local; as I say the emphasis is on eating.

family friendly, resteraunt / bars are the big thing now, all the family going for a meal and a drink

should do well

Frozen chips, Old Speckled Hen, kids screaming their heads off. Sounds like fun....

Yeah, I would say so, there's a kids play area outside, a good kids menu and loads of other people there with kids, my son saw quite a few people from school :)

They were also giving out colouring sheets and balloons :)

Great I can take my little niece and her friends there whilst I get rat arsed with mine how lovely

we went in saturday for our tea,me the other half and our 2 grandsons.....the place is a mad house.....kids running riot and having a ball lol , the place had a lot of undesirables in,the ones barred from the other handsworth pubs...took us a while to get a table(about half n hour) but the kids were happy playing in the kids area outside and we had a couple of drinks while waiting...the food was good and very resonable on the wallet.....although they have sky sports on its defo not the place to watch footy with the lads....its to hetic.......:)

The name of the new Pub/Restaurant has come from the Handsworth Sword Dancers.

we went in saturday for our tea,me the other half and our 2 grandsons.....the place is a mad house.....kids running riot and having a ball lol , the place had a lot of undesirables in,the ones barred from the other handsworth pubs...took us a while to get a table(about half n hour) but the kids were happy playing in the kids area outside and we had a couple of drinks while waiting...the food was good and very resonable on the wallet.....although they have sky sports on its defo not the place to watch footy with the lads....its to hetic.......:)

My bold, I was wondering if that would happen; it used to be that if you got barred from one pub on Handsworth you were barred from them all.