Advice needed: getting payments from ex for children

my sisters ex has spent 2 yrs avoiding the csa and got away with it,he decided he wanted to pay her every fortnight when he sees his 3 kids,as long as she writes him a receipt.

so she bought a receipt book and did this but she says hes gone from paying £80 a fortnight to nothing now.

he tells kids he isnt working but my sis says she knows him too well

hes paying a mortgage running a bike car and had 2 holidays so far.

my sis is only just making her mortgage payments,and things are very tight for her,much to her ex's delight.

she asked if i knew any way she could find out if hes working,shes had to sell her car so following him is out of the question,

any ideas???

Call Magnum PI

She should contact the CSA and get payment via them. If hes meant to be on benefits, payments will be low, but they'll know if he is working legitimately and she will find out that way if he is or not.

I know you said hes avoided them, but I'm not sure you can avoid it if they start chasing you, unless she has agreed to just having a private arrangement with him. If she suspects him of working cash in hand, then she could possibly report him for suspected benefit fraud.

Swap custody arrangements. Make the guy look after the kids on weekdays. Or find a guy who is willing to support another bloke's 3 kids.

She could stalk him.

But yeah, above is a good idea. Swap the days around he sees the kids, if he's not working he'll not be busy.

She should contact the CSA and get payment via them. If hes meant to be on benefits, payments will be low, but they'll know if he is working legitimately and she will find out that way if he is or not.

I know you said hes avoided them, but I'm not sure you can avoid it if they start chasing you, unless she has agreed to just having a private arrangement with him. If she suspects him of working cash in hand, then she could possibly report him for suspected benefit fraud.

iv told her go back to csa but they did drag there heels last time,everytime they caught up with him he would quit jobs and go on jobseekers then the csa would say to her we have to wait 6 weeks for info to come in then ith would just drag on,

i really feel for her and the kids he still turns up for access every fortnight shes never stopped it,just struggles on:(

Tell her to refuse him access to his kids until hes willing to pay, I know that can be harsh on the kids as its there dad but it would be the only way to make him realise. If me and my partner split, I would never leave her to struggle on while i see the kids and don't pay a penny towards it.

Tell her to refuse him access to his kids until hes willing to pay, I know that can be harsh on the kids as its there dad but it would be the only way to make him realise. If me and my partner split, I would never leave her to struggle on while i see the kids and don't pay a penny towards it.

That's not fair on the children though, they'd miss their Dad and may well feel abandoned, they shouldn't be used as pawns. Additionally if he genuinely is out of work it's not fair on him to be stopped from seeing them. CSA is the only way.

Tell her to refuse him access to his kids until hes willing to pay...

I can't agree with this suggestion. Access (I hate that term) is not something to be used as a bartering tool between former partners.

I can't agree with this suggestion. Access (I hate that term) is not something to be used as a bartering tool between former partners.

Damn streight..... :suspect:

Depending on what this guy does for a living why not get someone who's voice he doesn't know to to give him a called as a prospective recruiter or customer, that way you'll be able to ascertain whether he's working or not and probably much more if you play it right.:hihi:

CSA are pretty useless,not saying dont contact them,but dont expect the problem to get sorted. My missus hasnt had a penny of her x in over 15 years,he knows how to avoid em[ always been a pillock] and a tight pillock at that.