Mixed venues in south yorkshire- your favourites

not strictly in s.yorks. (just over the border in lincs), alderfen is a good mixed fishery. the match lake holds carp but also a good head of skimmers, tench, roach, rudd etc. the specimen lake, although not heavily stocked, has big tench, bream, rudd, chub and perch.

One of the best fisheries locally for Roach is Strait mile fishery Dinnington, it also has very good Chub plus the Carp of course.

dam flask and underbank are two good mixed fisheries. as well as bream, roach and perch, dam flask has some big chub. underbank is known for the bream fishing but also has a big head of roach and some very big perch. both waters are also known for big pike.

Pinch Mill at Whiston is a decent little fishery, one pond is mostly silvers, the top pond has been loaded with Carp of a decent size.

I haven't fished here since before the Roach & other silverfish were transferred to the bottom pond, with Carp going up to the top making that pond Carp only.

candy corner doncaster

bankend doncaster

cnt go wrong on them 2 places

I prefer the rivers to pits/lakes/ponds River Don and Rother throws some good size Barbel and Chub up

Hi, does anyone know any good stretches of the Don with decent access, I want to teach my son stick float fishing. Preferably north of Sheffield eg Neepsend to Stocksbridge.

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know any good stretches of the Don with decent access, I want to teach my son stick float fishing. Preferably north of Sheffield eg Neepsend to Stocksbridge.

Thanks

There is a couple of threads on the river Don already on the forum, I would check there. There is a place at Woodhouse Mill on the A57 with a very good flat bank that would be good to teach him. I know it's south of where you asked but there's plenty of fish there from what I'm told.

Would anglers with certain knowledge of say 2 venues be prepared to share their thoughts on top pegs and tactics that really work.

ChrisT70 mentioned this last year but it never happened, is it a good idea that Chris had or not.

clearwater is fairly good for us, we fish it a lot, its the usual methods of pellet waggler shallow when its warm, feeding constantly. slow sinking bread is good as you cant fish surface floaters. carp run to 20lb and up so use properly balanced tackle. short pole late on works, in most pegs, infact i can generally sit anywhere on clearwater and catch, usually 30lb is a slow day. method feeder to far bank /pellet wag where its narrower.

we fished lindholme in the week on the strip pond and had a decent day. 4m pole fished 10" deep with banded pellet drip feeding 3 or 4 pellets all the time works, as does meat fished shallow like this. other method is top 2 down the margin fished on bottom, corn was working as was meat. 18 carp to about 5lb on those methods using a pint of pellets, one tin corn and half tin meat isnt a bad day! 3 barbel and some roach also thrown in.

hope that helps

little howbrook in howbrook village is now fishable on a day ticket (£4). plenty of fish to be caught although the carp and tench are new stock and are very small. it's a good choice of water for when the weather isn't so good, being in a dip and surrounded by trees it's very sheltered.

I've said often enough that I really enjoy fishing at Aston Springs KJS pond 5 as far as I'm concerned it's the dogs.

Pegs are similar with loads of fish across or in the near margin. Best pegs are peg 1, peg 34 on the outer and peg 48 on the inner.

Best fished with if you can reach the pole if not a feeder, 48 is closer to the far bank & the peg that's favourite on matches, from the end of the strip it's best to fish toward either peg 1 or peg 34 on the outer. Bait wise whatever you're comfortable with I prefer a hard banded pellet on a method. It's not difficult just keep your casting tight.