Mixed venues in south yorkshire- your favourites

On 16/09/2021 at 12:56, Mr Hinks said:

You can speak how ever you like, we all talk rubbish at times.

Aston Park really does fish well, there are more than enough anglers that do well up there. I was at KW yesterday and the pond I was on filled up as the morning went on. All the fish have grown on they are getting too big for me. Only around 4 or 5 pounds but my tackle is not really strong enough for carp.

Next week I will fish for skimmers for a change.

Yes there are plenty of Anglers fish Aston park and my mate and my self used to to fish Stable, Split and Lilly regular and do well over a period of around 8 years and have some really good days then like I mentioned over the last 18 months or so,  in between fishing Alex's  and Springs we seem to be having better days at the Springs,   I think the rumour, true or not about Alex taking all the big Carp out of his ponds and putting them all in the Lilly seem to be ringing true,  but the weekend Campers have spoiled the pond by chucking buckets of Boilies ect in and over feeding the flaming pond,   A couple of years ago for example we would be tackled up for around 7ish and my god, first or second cast we were in,   like I mentioned in previous post, a couple sundays ago we fished the same place in between the weekend campers and never got a bite in 2 hours so we tackled down and move down to the Dam wall pond and had  a great day catching from first cast,  

I used to prefer Springs I had a season ticket for years, what put me off was that Ken started moving fish around.

I fished the pond 5 and pond 2 I really enjoyed my time spent there. I then moved to Kiveton Waters.

My problem there was that the owners  "British waterways" removed the roach from Roses, I have not fished Roses since then.

Alex dis take carp from the Split around 80 fish from ten pound to over 20 pound. Fish that he took out I class as tackle breakers. I certainly have no inclination to hook such beasts. They were put into Lily for as you say the campers.

I will have to try Springs again, I much preferred to fish the tiny 4. 

To be honest I'm usually on Carp baits but when I fish maggot to be honest I still catch  Bream and Carp not Perch, Hide or Roach I would have thought having switching to Maggot  I  thought I would attract some of little stuff,  I use red maggot though,  probably mixed would attract the ones I mentioned.

Carp just love red maggots, I now only use whites if I go down the maggot route.

At the moment I'm fishing K Waters I fish bomb and pellet, my long layoff through shielding has sort of knocked my mojo. Whilst I'm getting a few carp, a total of nine yesterday from Eves. I know from previous years that nine fish is not good enough for me.

I can not manage bigger fish up to around 8lb is OK for me to cope with. Any bigger is a struggle.