Rivelin Paddling Pools, Megathread.

They arent removing the concrete according to a website they are surfacing it with a none slippery surface and putting in water fountains, jets and tables.

You obviously missed my sarcastic wit.....surely if the PADDLING POOLS have been filled in with concrete and you ask when are the PADDLING POOLS opening then you must expect a smartarse response. :hihi:

I love this story :hihi:

Its great that they are not just going to fill the pools in though, there used to be lots of open air pools for the kids to splash about in at Summertime, no wonder kids these days say that they have nothing to do!

Not the end of my madness....when the new Peace gardens opened and the fountains were in full flow...I ran through it....came out soaking wet the other side to be greeted by 2 obviously disapproving Asian women...in beautiful saris. We chatted and then all three of us run through together. I really enjoyed that.

I slopped all the way back down Fargate with a big grin on my face...leaving a little water trail.....and got on the tram (I didn't sit down) and you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face if you tried.

Not quite so bad

The padding pools at Rivelin Valley Park are currently closed for refurbishment. Work is under way to convert the paddling pool area into a Splash Pad, with brightly coloured areas of water jets and interactive water play features.

The new area will be a more accessible and inclusive play area. Work has been funded by the Government's Aiming High for Disabled Children programme, which aims to improve services for disabled children and their families, and give them greater opportunities

The new Splash Pad is due to open in early August for families to enjoy. Three of the four pools will be filled in and covered with a colourful, non-slip surface area. A range of equipment will be installed, including water play tables, water jets and sprays.

And will soon be handed over to private ownership and people be charged to use it no doubt.

Hi Are the Rivelin Paddling Pool and new splash area ready yet ?? Its nearly begining of August thanks

Work still in progress yesterday. Didn't look particularly close to being finished. Lots of kids risking life and limb in the river instead.....

why do they always decide to do all the changes in the holidays when they are ment to be open.would it not make sense to do it in winter? i doubt these will be open this summer

I was at rivlin earlier today and noticed workmen demolishing the paddling pools and concreting them over.

What a shame, I have had many a happy hour there, both has a kid and with my kids. Shame many will miss-out on this opportunity when the sun does eventually come.

They should do the same to ponds forge at their prices. :gag:

Work still in progress yesterday. Didn't look particularly close to being finished. Lots of kids risking life and limb in the river instead.....

As I said in a previous post, during the last hot spell as there was no where to paddle, loads of kids were in the river at Millhouses Park. Kids actually want to GET IN the water, not queue up twenty minutes to pump themselves a tea cup full. By all means have BOTH but these 'splash parks' are NOT an alternative to paddling pools, the kids are now going for more dangerous options - well thought through, whoever's idea it was.

Short term- hasn't Clifton Park at Rotherham got a massive paddling pool????

Jim

Short term- hasn't Clifton Park at Rotherham got a massive paddling pool????

Jim

I just went to check on the website and the water splash only seems to be open at the weekends - how disappointing

why do they always decide to do all the changes in the holidays when they are ment to be open.would it not make sense to do it in winter?
Have you tried setting concrete in winter?

Have you tried setting concrete in winter?

We haven't had freezing temperatures since about March...