The baliffs are on form this year

Azzbo

Do symphathise and hope you don't too big a fine for what was clearly only a spur of the moment lack of judgment but have to say when you saw Polish men you should have intervened or at least called police

Are you mad intervene, it certainly is not a good idea to confront these types. I don't believe for one second that you would pall nor me.

As for fishing with a rod too many, there should be a little common sense shown & I recon a token fine & slap on the wrist should be enough.

£500 would be far too excessive.

Did a 24hr cat session at weekend, had a few little runs but nothing productive. The next morning the sun was out and a 20lb plus carp was feeding on the top just at the edge of my peg, i thought i might aswel try and catch it as i was running out of ideas for the catfish and already watched my dad catch a 21lb carp and 2 catfish. I got my other rod out of my holdhall, and free lined a floating dog biscuit near the hungry carp. About 5 mins later, just my luck, a baliff appeared at the side of me, he asked for my license which i showed him but he soon realised i had 3 rods and 1 license.........gutted. there was no way of reasoning with him and he issued me my prosecution ticket and read me my rights, i am now awaiting the letter to tell me my fine. Any ideas how much im looking at? Thanks

Some 1 got fined 480 pounds for the same 3 rods 1 license . Bit much I think

Do symphathise and hope you don't too big a fine for what was clearly only a spur of the moment lack of judgment but have to say when you saw Polish men you should have intervened or at least called police

i wasnt intervening, i was with my family, i wanted to but you never no wot someone has up their sleeve, as for ringing police, they wunt have been bothered, someones burgular alarm was goin off on our street for about 20 mins the other day so i phoned the police as i hope if it was my house someone would do the same but the police just had a go at me on the phone and said i shouldnt be phoneing up and wasting their time for things like that so doubt their guna b bothered about fish stealing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry but a water authourity baliff has the same powers as a copper in relation to fishing offences... Sorry but you were in the wrong......It's tough but you have to take the punishment if you're going to flaunt the law!!!

He's already sauid that he was in the wrong:confused::confused:

Biggsy....

Far too many people on forums are very quick to reply without taking notice of whats already been posted.

froggi needs to realise his post is not very helpfull even though correct.

Unless of course he thinks he should rub it in :huh:

Far too many people on forums are very quick to reply without taking notice of whats already been posted.

froggi needs to realise his post is not very helpfull even though correct.

Unless of course he thinks he should rub it in :huh:

Froggi does realise that the post was by nature not very helpful unless you are unaware of the fact of EA baliffs enforcement powers!!!!.... I was merely pointing out that a EA baliff has the same powers as an officer of the law...

The OP admitted guilt (as I read in his postings) and as such took his/her punishment....

Some other, less informed people, could have argued the toss and been "slapped" with much more!!

The EA license allows an angler to fish 2 rods on one issue, 3 or 4 rods have to be covered by further license purchases

In my opinion (and this is my opinion I might add before I get jumped on by anyone else), fishing more than 1 rod is a bit much.... In general, we have 2 hands and usually need both to use a rod and reel/pole effectively or it is in my experience when fishing...

Fishing carp lakes and such is all well and good but if multiples of rods are used and more than one take/run occurs at the same time (unusual but it happens) then surely one fish could possibly suffer for that lack of attention by said angler????

As anglers therefore you have a responsibility to ensure that the fish you engage in capturing are unharmed as far as reasonably possible, returned to the water in the same state as when captured and by buying the EA license ensure that waters are maintained in a manner that reflects this purchase.

Some people are more than likely going to disagree, in fact I bet most reading this will, but I've said my piece. If I offended the OP then I apologise and for those who didn't know what I stated in my post to be fact are wiser now

Edited by froggi
Spelling