The baliffs are on form this year

ive paid to do so, rather than paying £5 for day, i pay £20, i dont cast into peoples swims are effect anyone by doing so, i cant see how im effecting their enjoyment if they are happy catching nothing. you have started talking about a type of fishing that you no nothing about, when carp/catfish fishing, it is normal to have more than one rod, thats why manufacturers sell rod pods, this is when i use mine when doing this style of fishing, i also have a day using a waggler rod or feeder rod depending on what species im after, obviousley i would only use one in this situation. this reason im replying back to you is i dont like been called greedy or to be made out im doing something wrong, have a look the next to you go fishing if they have a specimen pond and you wont hardly see anyone using a single rod, then go n call them greedy

I bet the loonies that occasionally visit the fishing group section of SF are all sat laughing their socks off reading this.

Why are some anglers so angry because others prefer to put their efforts into a different genre of the sport than the style they choose.

So what if someone uses two or more rods, like some I use only one but in the past I have used two rods especially in Ireland for bream.

If folk are to moan at least try to gain even a little knowledge so as to sound like you know what you're talking about, instead of sounding more like the antis that keep trying to stick their noses where they are not welcome.

There's no wonder our sport is so fragmented with anglers more concerned with condemning other anglers way of fishing instead of at least trying to stick together.

The Angling Trust is wasting their time fighting for anglers when we do our best to undo the effort they put in with squabbling amongst ourselves.

It appears to me the anti angling brigade have infiltrated our ranks with idiots that call themselves anglers or a word just made up(angleresses).

I don't pretend to understand specimen Carp fishing but I am in their corner when push comes to shove. They are anglers just the same as any other & if anyone is so against it as it appears they are then I recon a pastime more fitting may suit them better like table tennis, reading or may I suggest sewing.

Spoken like a true gent

I bet the loonies that occasionally visit the fishing group section of SF are all sat laughing their socks off reading this.

Why are some anglers so angry because others prefer to put their efforts into a different genre of the sport than the style they choose.

So what if someone uses two or more rods, like some I use only one but in the past I have used two rods especially in Ireland for bream.

If folk are to moan at least try to gain even a little knowledge so as to sound like you know what you're talking about, instead of sounding more like the antis that keep trying to stick their noses where they are not welcome.

There's no wonder our sport is so fragmented with anglers more concerned with condemning other anglers way of fishing instead of at least trying to stick together.

The Angling Trust is wasting their time fighting for anglers when we do our best to undo the effort they put in with squabbling amongst ourselves.

It appears to me the anti angling brigade have infiltrated our ranks with idiots that call themselves anglers or a word just made up(angleresses).

I don't pretend to understand specimen Carp fishing but I am in their corner when push comes to shove. They are anglers just the same as any other & if anyone is so against it as it appears they are then I recon a pastime more fitting may suit them better like table tennis, reading or may I suggest sewing.

That would be fine if Azzbo didn't think any wildlife other than fish should be allowed on the ponds he fishes, what a flaming cheek

I don't believe Azzbo's comments regarding wildlife are anything other than facetious.

Posted only for the reaction he got.

The arrogance of some people:roll::roll: You might think you're better than anyone else but there are some people who are quite happy to sit all day and catch nowt, they are entitled to fish same pond as you without you chucking 4 rods left right and centre and spoiling other peoples enjoyment just because they don't want to be in competition with you

maybe they shouldn't get involved in a sport that encourages competition then eh ?, or go and fish somewhere more peaceful, just because they do not want to use four rods and have a peaceful day should everyone one else have to stop and do the same ?

no.

It may be a bit off topic but how many baits can you fish off one rod? I ask this because I have seen rods used with a number of hooks attached along the line.

Mick

The only time that I've seen multi hooks is for sea fishing, as for baits as many as you have hooks for.

It may be a bit off topic but how many baits can you fish off one rod? I ask this because I have seen rods used with a number of hooks attached along the line.

Mick

Hi. I always double hook when pleasure fishing hard waters like treeton dike When match fishing you abide by club rules which is normaly single hooks. Once heard rotherham clubs allowed double hooking in matches. As far as places like hayfield etc there is nothing in there rules as i can see about number of hooks but it should be single for obvious reasons. The enviroment never check on this issue so i assume its as many as you want. Never seen or anybody been prosecuted regarding this issue.

Years ago when I was fit enough to fish the Trent it was widely accepted that double hooking was ok when tip fishing, it was a method called the dink dink. This involved a short snood of about 3" two foot up the line from the feeder, it was normally a 14s hook with doubled maggot for catching mostly small skimmers. Many anglers around my age will remember this.

We never even thought about the legalities.

I'm with you on this one Denlin. The Op has a very blinkered view of what fishing is all about. A good fisherman respects the environment that they are using and that means the natural wildlife too. People with the opinion that ducks and rats etc should be shot because they are 'spoiling' their fishing should not be allowed a licence never mind two...... :rant:

I fully agree. I am a carper and use two rods but catching fish is not the be-all and end-all. Obviously the desire to catch is there and important, but it is the challenge of outwitting the fish and the buzz you get when your efforts succeed that really counts. Fishing is an excuse to go into peaceful, serene surroundings, to watch and enjoy the wildlife and relax in tranquility (having said that: why am I always knackered when I get home?). When in beautiful surroundings, surveying the water and all around me, I feel at peace and at one with the world. Just to add another point: True anglers DO NOT leave litter. If one thing gets me mad it is finding fag packets, fag ends (yes - I am a smoker), hook packets, empty tins, discarded line, etc on the bankside. A true angler should leave nothing behind but his thanks.

have you heard anything yet azzbo? i know these things move slowly but 6 months have passed now. perhaps the e.a have decided it's not an offence worth chasing up.