The baliffs are on form this year

how meny licences you have to have for a gun or tvs cars vans planes radio ham just one and it should be the same for fishing rods and i think 3 rods is anof any ways its just greed

Thats a real 'bummer' Azzbo, I reckon that the bailliff was a bit of a jobsworth though seeing as you held a licence. He could have just given you a ticking off. Did he get photographic evidence of all three rods in the water ? If not deny that all three rods were actually in the water although they were tackled up, you were only using two at once. Surely his word against yours ;) Hope all goes well with it though Fella.

how meny licences you have to have for a gun or tvs cars vans planes radio ham just one and it should be the same for fishing rods and i think 3 rods is anof any ways its just greed

Actually regarding guns its one per person admittedly but normally only one at a time is used, it would be very difficult to use two guns at same time unless you're ambidexterous and TVs is one per household. Cars is one licence per person and I've yet to meet the person who can drive two cars at the same time, likewise with vans and planes. With fishing you are allowed to use two rods per licence which is double all the others you have mentioned so think it's you who is greedy, why do you need 3 rods in water at any one time? It's selfishness that spoils it for others and the buffoons who leave discarded tackle and other rubbish that endangers the fish and other wildlife:roll::roll::roll:

Edited by denlin

Actually regarding guns its one per person admittedly but normally only one at a time is used, it would be very difficult to use two guns at same time unless you're ambidexterous and TVs is one per household. Cars is one licence per person and I've yet to meet the person who can drive two cars at the same time, likewise with vans and planes. With fishing you are allowed to use two rods per licence which is double all the others you have mentioned so think it's you who is greedy, why do you need 3 rods in water at any one time? It's selfishness that spoils it for others and the buffoons who leave discarded tackle and other rubbish that endangers the fish and other wildlife:roll::roll::roll:

Feel better now Denlin :hihi:

Feel better now Denlin :hihi:

:blush::blush: Er, yes thank you - sorry if it was a bit OTT but me and Den enjoy fishing and are careful not to leave any c**p behind :love: Lin

Thats a real 'bummer' Azzbo, I reckon that the bailliff was a bit of a jobsworth though seeing as you held a licence. He could have just given you a ticking off. Did he get photographic evidence of all three rods in the water ? If not deny that all three rods were actually in the water although they were tackled up, you were only using two at once. Surely his word against yours ;) Hope all goes well with it though Fella.

But were does it stop. some would have 4.or 5 rods out. Baliffs are very keen these days and are under oders from there superiors to prosecute regardless we all know it. A chap got done on treeton dike same offence cost £200 seems a bit harsh as there was nobody else within 50 yards fishing near him. Feel sorry for you mate but this is the england we live in today think yourself lucky he didnt shoot you or the police wernt called and you were ad arrested and floged .

All these posts really are pointless.

Azzbo has already said he accepts he made an error in judgment & knows what the penalties could be.

His only reason for starting this thread was to inform other anglers to be prepared if they were to take the same risk.

people like me??????? i go fishing to catch fish, not for the wildlife, or the peace and quiet or just to sit at the bankside with a sandwich and catch gudgeon all day. i go for the buzz of the fight and the man vs fish challange with a specimen fish, if i could i would have 100 rods in at once, all i care about is catching the fish using my methods and tactics. there are plenty of fisheries that dont let people use more than one rod so why dont you go to them and you will be happy, i pay at all my venues for the extra rods and everyone else can do the same so its not realy selfish, as for rubbish i always clean my peg, not for the wildlife but for the respect for the fishery and the next angler coming on. to be honest, the wildlife around ponds should be shot anyway, ducks, rats, moorhens, coots etc all they do is steal bait and get hooked by taking bread off the top when you have tried to scare them away, swim through lines, disturb swims, take pellets on the drop, raid through your stuff at night, there are plenty of nature reserves for them to p**s off too so all they are is pests and just for the record i have bought a additional license so now i have 4 rods :D:D:D

people like me??????? i go fishing to catch fish, not for the wildlife, or the peace and quiet or just to sit at the bankside with a sandwich and catch gudgeon all day. i go for the buzz of the fight and the man vs fish challange with a specimen fish, if i could i would have 100 rods in at once, all i care about is catching the fish using my methods and tactics. there are plenty of fisheries that dont let people use more than one rod so why dont you go to them and you will be happy, i pay at all my venues for the extra rods and everyone else can do the same so its not realy selfish, as for rubbish i always clean my peg, not for the wildlife but for the respect for the fishery and the next angler coming on. to be honest, the wildlife around ponds should be shot anyway, ducks, rats, moorhens, coots etc all they do is steal bait and get hooked by taking bread off the top when you have tried to scare them away, swim through lines, disturb swims, take pellets on the drop, raid through your stuff at night, there are plenty of nature reserves for them to p**s off too so all they are is pests and just for the record i have bought a additional license so now i have 4 rods :D:D:D

And you don't think you come across as selfish, do you think paying at the venues gives you the right to own them and spoil it for others who want to fish. Nor do you have the right to decide what wildlife is on the pond unless you are the owner. SELFISH sums you up perfectly

And you don't think you come across as selfish, do you think paying at the venues gives you the right to own them and spoil it for others who want to fish. Nor do you have the right to decide what wildlife is on the pond unless you are the owner. SELFISH sums you up perfectly

I'm with you on this one Denlin. The Op has a very blinkered view of what fishing is all about. A good fisherman respects the environment that they are using and that means the natural wildlife too. People with the opinion that ducks and rats etc should be shot because they are 'spoiling' their fishing should not be allowed a licence never mind two...... :rant:

Who is spoiling them? If the venue let's u have 2+ rods then usualy everyone else is doing the same. A good fisherman catches fish on every session, if u look in the dictionary to see what a fisherman is, it doesn't mention to be good u need 2 turn into doctor dolittle. what's with the angry face? Has it got u mad?

Who is spoiling them? If the venue let's u have 2+ rods then usualy everyone else is doing the same. A good fisherman catches fish on every session, if u look in the dictionary to see what a fisherman is, it doesn't mention to be good u need 2 turn into doctor dolittle. what's with the angry face? Has it got u mad?

The arrogance of some people:roll::roll: You might think you're better than anyone else but there are some people who are quite happy to sit all day and catch nowt, they are entitled to fish same pond as you without you chucking 4 rods left right and centre and spoiling other peoples enjoyment just because they don't want to be in competition with you