Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

so, is there no big stage at dev green in tramlines? or is it just the acts that have 'moved' - fwiw, i thought the likes of miss dynamite were mainstream enough that i hadnt thought about it being anything other than business as usual.

thought it looked a bit pricey for me... especially when there's a free festival with more to offer on just after it! as a family on a budget, i know what i'll be picking.

Looks a pretty good line-up for £10:

http://www.sheftival.com/line-up.html

If the weather is good, it might do pretty well.

Sheftival is on the weekend of Saturday 4th August and Sunday 5th August, whereas Tramlines is on the weekend of Friday 20th - Sunday 21st July.

Its designed to offer something for everyone at a fair price.

There is a music festival with the Real Radio headline stage in Don Valley Bowl along with a dance tent, food, bars and more.

There will be a big screen showing the Olympics in Don Valley Stadium with lots of sporting challenges you can get involved in happening alongside it.

There is also Ice Skating and other activities included at Ice Sheffield.

Not to mention a funfair, crazy golf, various stalls and other entertainments.

A day ticket is £12 for adults and a family ticket for a family of four is £40. This is designed to be little more than a visit to the cinema.

There are also discounted tram tickets available for those going to Sheftival which can be ordered online at the same time as the admission tickets.

Visit http://www.sheftival.co.uk

That's why it will not work.Its a mess.

Edited by Sheffieldbee

That's why it will not work. Anybody with any idea would tell you that you can't be all things to all men. For something to be marketed correctly, it has to have a target market, and if your target market is "everyone", you're stuffed. Fifteen year old girls aren't going to want to buy tickets for a festival where Toots and The Maytals are playing to their grandads. Likewise, the forty and fifty somethings who might have been to see Dodgy 16 years ago when they had their biggest hit aren't going to buy tickets for something that's advertising the latest BGT reject. And anyone who's interested in the Monkey Bump Dance Tent is going to be confused by the offer of free Rugby League.

And Real Radio still haven't released the line up, only 6 weeks before? I'm sure there are no problems there.

It's a shambles, and in my opinion a waste of public money that companies like Sheffield International Venues didn't ought to be playing fast and loose with.

It's a tenner! If the sun is out people will go and enjoy themselves. As Andy said, it's not much more than the cinema. I think the line up is good, whats your problem with it?? And even without the music there are other things to do.

You should be happy that people are putting stuff on, if it's so bad why don't you organise one.

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

That's the point. What if the sun's not out, and nobody goes? Who picks up the bill?

It's a tenner! If the sun is out people will go and enjoy themselves. As Andy said, it's not much more than the cinema. I think the line up is good, whats your problem with it?? And even without the music there are other things to do.

You should be happy that people are putting stuff on, if it's so bad why don't you organise one.

When you watch Prometheus on IMAX you'll realise that it's cheaper than the cinema.

that's the point. What if the sun's not out, and nobody goes? Who picks up the bill?

***breaking news*** the sun might not shine * never do anything * cancel all festivals * events * parties* barbecues* birthdays * weddings *

Due to the possibility of the sun not shining, everything has been cancelled. Activities other than wandering around Meadowhall buying crap you don't need are no longer permitted.

Tell your friends.

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

Looks a pretty good line-up for £10:

http://www.sheftival.com/line-up.html

If the weather is good, it might do pretty well.

plenty of ska and reggae on :)

im really disapointed with tramlines this year, last year there was about 100 bands i wanted to see, this year theres about 13 and all are on stage either 2nd to last or last so will all clash :(

When you watch Prometheus on IMAX you'll realise that it's cheaper than the cinema.

Not for me, I still got 2 free tickets!

:cool:

Not for me, I still got 2 free tickets!

:cool:

It's worth watch twice.