Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

how many people paid and how much profit was made and will it be on again next year thank you bassett one

They're doing an announcement in the next few days about whether it'll happen again, one of the people involved said 9,000 - 10,000 wristbands got sold. To quote from their website, 'we are a not-for-profit event and any money made will immediately be invested into the city’s sporting and cultural events', which I presume includes Tramlines 2013 as some of the organisers are the same. Well done to them, it's great for the city that people are doing things like this

Beers in bars and pubs in town are £3 - £3.50 so the prices are in line. I agree, it would be nice if they were cheaper, but it's just not going to happen!

The Dance tent should have been on the grass in the main arena. Other than that I think they did a good job.

12 quid a ticket was more than reasonable imo but people that attend gigs like a drink and three n half quid a pint was just way over the top,infact i'd go as far to say it was just being greedy,its just said on radio sheff that 20 thousand people attended but they were expecting nearer 40,people won't be ripped off especially in todays financial climate......the o2 acadamy did it when madness played last year and i for one will give the place a wide birth from now on

p.s. its also just said that the shefival food outlets reckon they made a loss.........i wonder why that was ....

They allowed people to bring their own food and soft drink. Which, in this day and age, is a very fair way of doing things.

They allowed people to bring their own food and soft drink. Which, in this day and age, is a very fair way of doing things.

on the facebook page it says unfortunatley you cant bring your own food in

thought it looked a bit pricey for me... especially when there's a free festival with more to offer on just after it! as a family on a budget, i know what i'll be picking.

Has it been and gone? I never noticed, the pubs bein that quiet !

If they were expecting 50,000 per day and only got 10,000 in total (that's how it reads), that's an awful lot of money lost, at £12 per ticket that's over a million quid! Never mind loads of tickets were given away for free. A real shame, but as has been said it was far far too near Tramlines, and also I think confused about what it actually was.

Its a shame that £12 seems to have put a lot of folk off. Tight ar**s

Its a shame that £12 seems to have put a lot of folk off. Tight ar**s

i think the beer n food prices were probably to blame....its now a sad fact that once the organisers have you through the gate they rip off left right and centre,people arnt stupid and they just stay away....in my opinion a 20 quid weekend end pass to see the bands was an absolute bargin :)

if your at tram lines and some food outlet is asking ridiculous prices you just go elsewhere,in a enclosed venue like sheftival you either pay or go without..

i think the beer n food prices were probably to blame...

I think most entertainment venues (festivals, arenas, music venues, cinemas, sports grounds) charge similar if not higher prices for food & drink.. and as festivals prices go - they werent too bad.. £3.50 for a pint of decent real ale (at Sheftival) v £4.10 for a can of lager (which I got charged at a festival earlier in the summer)

I think most entertainment venues (festivals, arenas, music venues, cinemas, sports grounds) charge similar if not higher prices for food & drink.. and as festivals prices go - they werent too bad.. £3.50 for a pint of decent real ale (at Sheftival) v £4.10 for a can of lager (which I got charged at a festival earlier in the summer)

Last year it was over £4 for a pint at Leeds festival and around £5 for a rubbish burger van burger.

Not that I went, but I think as soon as you start charging for tickets, you expect more for your money. There was a very odd combination of bands on the listing which did not necessarily gel together. Tramlines is great for good free local music. You could have seen The Crookes four times or so at tramlines so why would you want to pay £12 two weeks later? I think it lacked a good reason for going.