Looks like circumcision could be banned.

In Norway, Jenny Klinge of the Centre Party has called for a ban on this barbaric and unnecessary mutilation of male babies.

Is anyone willing to condone the practice?

I genuinely don't understand the practice. The reality is that all religion is based on belief in something that can't be proven to exist, so to carry out surgery in the name of such a belief seems wrong to me. It's akin, in my view, to tattooing children in the name of Santa. Just my view of course.

I genuinely don't understand the practice. The reality is that all religion is based on belief in something that can't be proven to exist, so to carry out surgery in the name of such a belief seems wrong to me. It's akin, in my view, to tattooing children in the name of Santa. Just my view of course.

Are you saying it's a particular religion that has this done? i know plenty of Protestants and Catholics that are circumcised and plenty that arnt

Are you saying it's a particular religion that has this done? i know plenty of Protestants and Catholics that are circumcised and plenty that arnt

But were they circumcised to appease their God or for medical reasons? As for the 'particular religion' how much do you know about Judaeism?

Perhaps I'm mistaken? I thought it was generally a jewish faith thing? I'm not up to speed on religion so perhaps I'm wrong. I don't know the percentages of people of faith/atheists who have been circumcised, but perhaps I'm wrong.

WHO estimate that 70% of circumcisions are performed on Muslims who make up around 22% of the population.

It's not just about religion. It's sometimes necessary as a matter of hygiene

How so? Forgive my curiosity, but as a man, I really wonder how that's the case.

How is the 'sometimes' defined? And where is the research?

In Norway, Jenny Klinge of the Centre Party has called for a ban on this barbaric and unnecessary mutilation of male babies.

Is anyone willing to condone the practice?

About bleedin' time (no pun intended)

In this thread it is, read the OP

How is the 'sometimes' defined? And where is the research?

Harley is right, sometimes it's necessary for several reasons, which include deformation & restriction, both of which can cause problems and/or infections. But in the OP you're specifically talking about religious circumcision, which is child mutilation.

How so? Forgive my curiosity, but as a man, I really wonder how that's the case.

It's all about tight foreskins mate. Some men have difficulty retracting (or cannot retract) the foreskin when cleaning the penis. If all the cheese and other gunk that accumulates under the foreskin isn't removed then it stinks and eventually could cause infections or even in extreme cases cancer

From a medical journal

It's all about tight foreskins mate.

All jewish babies have this problem?

It's obvious from such an early age?