Torch arriving in sheffield

in eight days time we will see the olmpic flame arrive in sheffield. its a truly exciting once in a lifetime experience. and it makes me so proud to be a londoner that the games are being held them

Whew! I was worried you were from Sheffield for a moment there!

Is John Burkill still carrying the flame? And if so, which stretch of the route is he covering, does anyone know?

I have looked on the official website at the list of torch bearers for Sheffield and he does not appear on there.

Ah, thanks, it wasn't on there last time I looked!

I was hoping he would be carrying it in his local area, Hillsborough. I would have gone to watch him since its on my way home, but otherwise, I'm not bothered about the Olympic flame.

I can't honestly say I give a dam!

Enough to post about it though eh? :hihi:

Looking forward to seeing the flame come to Sheffield. Should be a great day and a piece of history for the City :D

Should be a great atmosphere for those who turn out to celebrate ... but don't blink, you'll miss it!!

it will be causing choas around the university roundabout and near the Hallamshire Hospital just when I will be finishing work for the day.

Oh joy :)

Proper waste of money, no benefit for Sheffield, we just help pay for it all. Not interested in the slightest.