Royal Mail Delivery Service

sorry i meant the investigation branch,it's a shame you are having problems you should point it out to your postie and if nothing changes go higher and hopefully it will get sorted...

Good luck with your exam

oh right thats understood more lol, and i never see my postie, being at college every day, its very rare and thanks ill need it haha

Does it really matter what time it comes?

You can send a letter from Sheffield and it can be in London the next day.

It's a very good service.

Exactly!

You lot are expecting a postie to get into work at crack of dawn, sort their walks and deliver it to you before you set out to work. They must apparently be cheerful and polite yet not speak to anyone. And all for the cost of the 60p first class stamp. They deliver 6 days a week (7 near christmas) in baking sun or lashing rain (except the recent Doncaster scandal!) or freezing icy conditions risking the attack of dogs and the abusive people and all you can do is call them.

If you have a problem with your postperson make a formal complaint. Please do not tar them all with the same brush.

Exactly!

You lot are expecting a postie to get into work at crack of dawn, sort their walks and deliver it to you before you set out to work. They must apparently be cheerful and polite yet not speak to anyone. And all for the cost of the 60p first class stamp. They deliver 6 days a week (7 near christmas) in baking sun or lashing rain (except the recent Doncaster scandal!) or freezing icy conditions risking the attack of dogs and the abusive people and all you can do is call them.

If you have a problem with your postperson make a formal complaint. Please do not tar them all with the same brush.

you're quite right, people just need somebody to moan at and the postie is the easiest and most regular target!

In my opinion, if someone scumbag took the money out of the card, there is no way the card would be delivered anyway. Was the money there in the first place?

They often deliver the card with a thin slit in the envelope. Happened to my sisters birthday card. Nothing is safe with them.

I know how you feel there, I once received a torn envelope which was empty, yet its was still posted rather then investigated. I rang to complain and never heard a thing back. Another time I sent an ebay item 1st class recorded, and the buyer received an empty package. Then I had to refund via ebay, did not have a leg to stand on as royal mail had marked it as posted.

I think considering the fact most areas have the same postman constantly they should know who did it, but they have no interest in solving the problem and so they continue to get away with it. Considering the amount they are now charging to send things they should at least have some interest in the customers who are keeping them in business. Without them, they'd be nothing, yet they still don't care.

Exactly!

We want it for 18p!

Royal mail are useless, they must lose more mail than they deliver. and the price of stamps in extortionate now

you're quite right, people just need somebody to moan at and the postie is the easiest and most regular target!

Quote: ' They deliver in baking sun or lashing rain or freezing conditions '

1) That's what they are paid to do

2) They know what they are taking on when offered the job

Did you see that on the evening news on TV (14th June 2012 ) about a postie slipping on a wet pavement, health and safety now involved and the sorting office considering not allowing postie's to deliver mail if its raining !!!!

Business's to suffer because the postie wears inappropiate shoes with little or no grip soles.

Postie's once upon a time use to deliver all mail on foot.....now they travel about in vans, as regards been expected to smile and be pleasant to people........so they should, they are working for the public.

Does it really matter what time it comes?

You can send a letter from Sheffield and it can be in London the next day.

It's a very good service.

Yep and then again you can send something first class and it never surfaces again..

No business is satisfied with the errant and unreliably-timed postal deliveries.

My firm now uses only a PO Box address, so at least post arrives at the right address and is ready at 0900hrs.

Quote: ' They deliver in baking sun or lashing rain or freezing conditions '

1) That's what they are paid to do

2) They know what they are taking on when offered the job

Did you see that on the evening news on TV (14th June 2012 ) about a postie slipping on a wet pavement, health and safety now involved and the sorting office considering not allowing postie's to deliver mail if its raining !!!!

Business's to suffer because the postie wears inappropiate shoes with little or no grip soles.

Postie's once upon a time use to deliver all mail on foot.....now they travel about in vans, as regards been expected to smile and be pleasant to people........so they should, they are working for the public.

That is what I meant by the Doncaster scandal. It isn't here in Sheffield. The shoes they wear are the one provided with uniform so isn't the individuals fault.

Yes they know they are doing job where they are meant to walk in all conditions but does that make it right for them to get this abuse? And I assure their pay isn't high enough!!

That is what I meant by the Doncaster scandal. It isn't here in Sheffield. The shoes they wear are the one provided with uniform so isn't the individuals fault.

Yes they know they are doing job where they are meant to walk in all conditions but does that make it right for them to get this abuse? And I assure their pay isn't high enough!!

I've never yet seen a postman who delivers mail where I live in regulation footwear, they all wear trainers.

As for the abuse......they deserve it if what has been said on here is true: not doing their job right, leaving people's gates open when the house holder as mobility problems and finds it hard to get out of the house to close the gate, thieving from the mail.

You live in a funny old world if you think all this is acceptable !