Royal Mail Delivery Service

They do have trainers provided! If these incidents are happening then official complaints should be made. These are not the norm or at least shouldn't be and tarring them all with the same brush is grossly unfair. I am sure if you and yours were called lazy, rude, thieves etc because of others in the same occupation doing it you would be most annoyed. I have never in the past had any problems with any of my postmen at various addresses. I am now engaged to a postman who I can assure is not a thief, is definately not lazy and has had abuse hurled at him for no reason. Dogs attack and their owners do nothing. Last year in the snow he slipped badly trying deliver everyones post on time and broke ribs. Please remember not to call all the postpeople because you have had the odd bad ones.

They do have trainers provided! If these incidents are happening then official complaints should be made. These are not the norm or at least shouldn't be and tarring them all with the same brush is grossly unfair. I am sure if you and yours were called lazy, rude, thieves etc because of others in the same occupation doing it you would be most annoyed. I have never in the past had any problems with any of my postmen at various addresses. I am now engaged to a postman who I can assure is not a thief, is definately not lazy and has had abuse hurled at him for no reason. Dogs attack and their owners do nothing. Last year in the snow he slipped badly trying deliver everyones post on time and broke ribs. Please remember not to call all the postpeople because you have had the odd bad ones.

I will agree with you that there are good and bad in all walks of life, your partner is probably one of the good ones and doesn't deserve to be tarred with the same brush.

All I'm saying is that unfortunately the postie that serves our area is very annoying in the way in which he pushes the mail through our letterbox: partially ripped and screwed up and always leaves the gate open despite my putting a sign both on the gate and letterbox for him to close the gate. 14.00hrs 15th June 2012 he's just been with the mail - gate left open

14.00hrs 15th June 2012 he's just been with the mail - gate left open

Make a bigger sign "Please, please could you close the gate"

It must be so annoying.

I will agree with you that there are good and bad in all walks of life, your partner is probably one of the good ones and doesn't deserve to be tarred with the same brush.

All I'm saying is that unfortunately the postie that serves our area is very annoying in the way in which he pushes the mail through our letterbox: partially ripped and screwed up and always leaves the gate open despite my putting a sign both on the gate and letterbox for him to close the gate. 14.00hrs 15th June 2012 he's just been with the mail - gate left open

I really think you should get a spring loaded self closing gate. it seems this issue is very big for you, and would solve not only the postman not closing the gate, but the milkman, the paperboy, the door to door salesman, the leaflet deliverer, the free paper deliverer, the charity collector.....

If there are they will be stealing from a company who makes a lot of money and can afford the shortfall, not people sat waiting for things at home who cannot afford to lose money or selling things on ebay to make cash for their family. Thieves are discussing where ever they steal from and have no morals, but even worse to steal off people who do not make millions every year.

Of course there are thieves in retail, and theft is theft no matter who does it. And like they prosecute thieves in retail, they also prosecute thieves in royal Mail - they have a dedicated team that investigates and they send convicted thieves to jail.

I've never yet seen a postman who delivers mail where I live in regulation footwear, they all wear trainers.

As for the abuse......they deserve it if what has been said on here is true: not doing their job right, leaving people's gates open when the house holder as mobility problems and finds it hard to get out of the house to close the gate, thieving from the mail.

You live in a funny old world if you think all this is acceptable !

JOHN HABS...You are a person who has mobility issues. ALL people who have mobility issues MUST be moaning old gits who have nothing better to do than complain about the postman.

How does THAT stereotype feel!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I really think you should get a spring loaded self closing gate. it seems this issue is very big for you, and would solve not only the postman not closing the gate, but the milkman, the paperboy, the door to door salesman, the leaflet deliverer, the free paper deliverer, the charity collector.....

Either your trying to wind me up or cannot understand what I said in my reply to your last post: - Why should I have to go to the expence of purchasing a new gate and having it fitted because some idle sod can't be bothered to close it everytime he comes to deliver the mail ?

Everyone else who delivers to my home or calls closes the gate......YES for me it is a big issue....with every step I take I am in pain with my legs and back, if you were in the same situation as myself perhaps you would be more understanding.

JOHN HABS...You are a person who has mobility issues. ALL people who have mobility issues MUST be moaning old gits who have nothing better to do than complain about the postman.

How does THAT stereotype feel!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Why post an abusive message about someone who has a disability ?

As regards ' Having nothing better to do than moan ' I have more than plenty to do but restricted in what I can / cannot do.......walking is one of them.

Secondly, I am not OLD......if judging by your Avatar that's what you look like then its a wonder you don't have cobwebs hanging off your tache !

Its said ' You never know what's coming to you '

You may one day finish up with the problems I experience, then you will know and perhaps understand why I am complaining.....we have a gate for a purpose.............one of which is to keep out neighbours dogs and cats.

Why post an abusive message about someone who has a disability ?

As regards ' Having nothing better to do than moan ' I have more than plenty to do but restricted in what I can / cannot do.......walking is one of them.

Secondly, I am not OLD......if judging by your Avatar that's what you look like then its a wonder you don't have cobwebs hanging off your tache !

Its said ' You never know what's coming to you '

You may one day finish up with the problems I experience, then you will know and perhaps understand why I am complaining.....we have a gate for a purpose.............one of which is to keep out neighbours dogs and cats.

I think you have completely and ignorantly missed her point,and im pretty sure that avatar is Jeremy Clarkson lol.

I think you have completely and ignorantly missed her point,and im pretty sure that avatar is Jeremy Clarkson lol.

Spot on, :D

Point JOHN HABS (as you seem to need it explaining) is that not all people with mobility issues are the same nor do they deserve abuse. Just as not all postmen are the same and don't deserve abuse. Offending you by that post was my aim, so you know how it feels, I can fully understand you being pee'd off about your gate, but don't tar all posties with the same brush, there are bad and good like any other job.

Spot on, :D

Point JOHN HABS (as you seem to need it explaining) is that not all people with mobility issues are the same nor do they deserve abuse. Just as not all postmen are the same and don't deserve abuse. Offending you by that post was my aim, so you know how it feels, I can fully understand you being pee'd off about your gate, but don't tar all posties with the same brush, there are bad and good like any other job.

Apparently we are all thieving scum,according to a couple of posters on here anyway.One was so sure of it,I very nearly questioned myself because they were so sure we are ALL thieve's lol.

Yeh I know. Great isn't it.

I was determined I wasn't going to bite on this thread but I failed, lol