Looking for witness to accident Bradfield Road.Hillsborough

This is a long shot but I need to try it.

I am looking for any witnesses to a two car accident at the traffic lights, junction with Bradfield Road and Penistone Road. About 8.10pm Tuesday 5th June.

I was driving a black Hyundai I10 and set off on a green light on Bradfield Road to go along Penistone Road towards town. Just got onto the opposite carriageway and was hit by a blue Toyota Yaris coming along Penistone Road, towards town which had come through a red light. The young lady driving it said she was sorry that she hadn't seen me.

Next day she told the insurance company that her light was on green...surprise

There was a car in the right hand lane next to me when I left the lights. If you were that driver or anyone else who saw the accident then please contact me

Thankfully no one was injured.

Sorry I did not see this,but I have seen so many cars go through those lights towards town when the bradfield road ones were on green that I sometimes think the lights are out of sync.Also people blocking the road when the lights have changed.

Thanks for reading and the reply. I'm still doing battle with the Insurance companies

Unfortunately, a lot of people that witness accidents are reluctant to give a statement. My boyfriend witnessed one over a year ago. He saw a car cause an accident by going through a red light which resulted in a crash. He was the only witness that gave a statement to the police. A year on, he's wishing he'd never said anything. The solicitor of the guy who was involved in the accident (the innocent party) is constantly sending letters to him. Basically just asking him to repeat what he's already said. He's had to provide diagrams and alsorts.

The most recent letter he's received is to say that he's required to attend court next month to appear as a witness.

Some people just can't be bothered with the hassle.

Sorry, i know thats not much help but thats why a lot of people deny seeing anything.

Sorry I did not see this,but I have seen so many cars go through those lights towards town when the bradfield road ones were on green that I sometimes think the lights are out of sync.Also people blocking the road when the lights have changed.

There is a special place in hell reserved for these people.

Also people blocking the road when the lights have changed.

This annoys the hell out of me too.

At the bottom of Bamforth street last week a woman casually coasted into the yellow hashed box and came to a stop - she was completely unaware of course as she was applying make up in the vanity mirror....

At the bottom of Bamforth street last week a woman casually coasted into the yellow hashed box and came to a stop - she was completely unaware of course as she was applying make up in the vanity mirror....

that junction has always been a problem, if whoever enforces these things started to enforce it, they would make a mint

even better would be to put a box junction at the junction of corporation street with derek dooley way that would make millions

that junction has always been a problem, if whoever enforces these things started to enforce it, they would make a mint

even better would be to put a box junction at the junction of corporation street with derek dooley way that would make millions

Yellow box junctions should be huge trap doors that open a couple of seconds after the lights go red.

This is a long shot but I need to try it.

I am looking for any witnesses to a two car accident at the traffic lights, junction with Bradfield Road and Penistone Road. About 8.10pm Tuesday 5th June.

I was driving a black Hyundai I10 and set off on a green light on Bradfield Road to go along Penistone Road towards town. Just got onto the opposite carriageway and was hit by a blue Toyota Yaris coming along Penistone Road, towards town which had come through a red light. The young lady driving it said she was sorry that she hadn't seen me.

Next day she told the insurance company that her light was on green...surprise

There was a car in the right hand lane next to me when I left the lights. If you were that driver or anyone else who saw the accident then please contact me

Thankfully no one was injured.

Hi, Have a look to see if there are any traffic cameras wich may have been covering that area at the time of your incident. If so you or your insurance solicitor have a set amount of time to request footage of the incident (thats if there is any). They only keep the recordings for so long.

Carefully examine her statement wich she would have given to her insurance company for anything she may have said wich may contradict herself.

Tell your insurance that you want to go all the way even to court (this may spook the one at fault to retreat and admit fault) (Just a thought)

Mabe a witness will come forward ;) ( It happened to a friend :( The faulty party had a dodgy witness and they won :( DUFF CPS Judges at that time

Hope you get sorted.

Ps have they got witnesses.

Waiting for a barrage of remarks now :)

Edited by justmeglynn
addition

The most recent letter he's received is to say that he's required to attend court next month to appear as a witness.

Some people just can't be bothered with the hassle.

It's his civic duty to attend.

CCTV cams are situated there, personally and I know you might forget when its just happened but always take photos and record the person with their original statement, very important.

The industry its self does not help , you get constatnly bombarded with calls from "claims companies" plus the incompetatance of the actual insurance company that is asking the questions, and before we get people comming from the industry telling me how good they are this is experiance ive had over a number of years with them.